Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, for everyone that read my last post, my clutch is definately smoked. i did the finishing bit on it by pushing a Nissan Altima out of my assigned spot at my apartment building.

Now, the problem,what clutch should i put in? its a 2001 with 30k miles on it. Is the clutch still covered under warrenty? if it is then that creates a whole new set of problems.

Should i go with a clutch designed to handle more power because it is an all-wheel drive?

I dont have a whole lot of power right now, but hopefully this summer i will have my head and block totally redone by my favorite machine shop, R&L.

i drive a lot of miles and do a moderate amount of shifting, i have another car to drive so it wont be too big of a problem if it is a little too aggressive. i just got a membership to SCCA so i plan on racing this summer also.:confused:

·
Registered
613 Posts
anyone that pushes a car out of his assigned space is, well.... dude,you ROCK!.
i got an ACT street clutch and it works great. feels stock and grips like magic, (i am pushing like 300+ horses.) there are tons out there and i've never heard anything bad about them. cheers!

·
Registered
33 Posts
i agree. i have the act in my rs and it works great. threw in a lightened flywheel as well. the stock clutch new or old tends to let go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts