Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2002, Impreza Ts, Red
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so eaither tomorrow night or friday night i will be going to NEDW (new england drag way). this will be my first time ever on a drag way in any car. I'm driving a '00 rs with 170K miles on it (WOWZA!) i'm just looking for tips on how to launch. should i rev the car up a pop the clutch nd go VROOOOOOM or just punch it when the light says GREEN. the car is pretty much stock except for the COBB cai and an '04 wrx rsb.

I have no money to fix my car if it decides to shit on me....is it too many miles on the car for me to do this? I mean I floor it all the time on the street but only till about 3rd gear.

· Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
3,496 Posts
Learn to slip the clutch. It is better to burn thought a clutch than it is to snap a transmission in half.

· Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
3,496 Posts
It is hard to explain. Let me know what day you are going up and I will try to make it up there and show you. I might not be able to but I will try.

· Registered
221 Posts
rev to like 4500 slip out a little and then let it go that way your already rolling and it wont be so much shock on the drivetrain id go up there with you but wednesdays my bday and friday i got a concert i live like 25 minutes from there

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.