Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car knowledge is not up to par and im not sure what this part is called, or what it does, how much it is, or how to replace it. I do know it has something to do with the brake system lol.

i have a 1995 impreza btw.. heres a pic of the part that im pretty sure is leaking badly when i try to bleed the system.

any help is much appreciated... im carless for the time being :curse:

·
Registered
2001 Silver RS-T
482 Posts
No,pulling the fuse will only make it not work. It will still leak. It either needs to be fixed,removed or replaced.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
holy shit... the part is 1300 at subaru.. no way i can pay that, what would u guys do in this situation? junkyard?

·
ok terrific.
'95 STi RA rep, rhd yo!
5,223 Posts
Yeah, what exactly is leaking? Is it the unit, a fitting, or a line going into the unit? If it's the later two, it's an easy fix, just replace that section of the brake line.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, what exactly is leaking? Is it the unit, a fitting, or a line going into the unit? If it's the later two, it's an easy fix, just replace that section of the brake line.
pep boys has it right now.. and they said it was leaking from the ABS unit itself.. im getting my car back tomorrow then ill double check it and figure out wtf im gona do about a 1300 dollar part.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts