Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
Is it legal to drive on an icy lake? How was the recent snow storm? I heard bad things about it. I have gotten mostly cold Canadian wind from the north and very little snow here.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kickin_81 said:
Is it legal to drive on an icy lake? How was the recent snow storm? I heard bad things about it. I have gotten mostly cold Canadian wind from the north and very little snow here.
We ran under the auspices of the SCCA, so we were legal. If you were to just go out and tear around on your own, I suppose someone could call the cops and have you ticketed for public nusiance or something. The Central NY Ice Racing Assn was also out there staging a race event, and there were lots of people just crusing around. In fact, the only course working job was to shoo away non-SCCAers who got too close to our course.

The recent storm (President's Day) was pretty big, though most of it stayed downstate from my Finger Lakes location. I think we ended up with about 8" of snow.

Darn cold today for early March - 2 below (F) at 5am this morning. The high today is supposed to be around 10F.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts