Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1999 OBS Steel Blue Mica
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night kind of on a whim... some stats before the stats.

It was 104* when I got to the track @ 715pm MST. When I left it was 97*. Phoenix is about 1100 ft above sea level.

I ran 91 octane pump gas. I did no tuning to the car while I was there. This was kind of a trial run before the next stage (even colder plugs -8's- and more boost -21psi-)

Tonight I ran a [email protected]

60' was 1.771
1/8 was [email protected]

That was my best run of the night. I had some other good ones... [email protected], [email protected] & [email protected] Pretty consistant.

Not too shabby...I'm rather happy with the runs...

Additional note.... I think that this puts me around the 275hp mark, thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1999 OBS Steel Blue Mica
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
forgot to mention, that was with a Forced Air Tech Stage II kit running 14.5 psi on 91 octane pump crap with full interior

·
Registered
2 Posts
Could you give us a bit more info on your set up?

Is it just the forced air stage II or have you done other things...

Also thats a quick little scoobie, and I'm looking forward to seeing the results of the higher boost levels...

·
Registered
852 Posts
Those are good numbers kastle!

Thats got to be one of the faster RS-T's out there, good job mate!

14.5 psi? Do you new internals?
I know that you have a TEC-II, but I would be suprised if you still ran that much boost.

Also, what did you eventually figure out for a new tranny?

Graham

·
Registered
613 Posts
wooooohoo! almost flat thirteens not bad, not bad! nice pile of goodies, time for some massive injectors and a control system?????

·
Registered
313 Posts
Kastle, Man you have to get more out of that motor than only 275hp. 14 psi and some internal work and Link . If you can do 21 pounds you should have over 350 hp!! civics with stock internals running 12 psi -15psi can do 298-349 whp !! But again FWD and RS AWD

Very nice. So you have no problems with your setup? If you dont mind me asking how much you spent total on that turbo setup and Engine management. I am rather interested in a power adder but i can buy a Yamaha R6 for the price to complete some of these trubo kits!!

thanks
Great site and keep up the ass kicking subaru rs turbo'ed thats sweet:drool: :drool: :drool:

imprezawd

·
Premium Member
1999 OBS Steel Blue Mica
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
not sure how I should answer that one.... I ran on pump gas, didn't mess with anything, full interior.... I've got my injectors maxing out with 92% IDC @ 5800 RPMs resulting in 10.55:1 AFR....

I know that the car has tons more in it, I just got 8 range plugs (upgrade from 7) which will allow me to adjust my fuel curve in the TEC-II down from running sooooooo freaking rich. This in turn will decrease IDC, which allows me to increase timing and boost.

make sense?

·
Registered
66 Posts
yeah, makes sense, but what does not make sense is that you only ran a 13.1 with freakin' 21psi! what gives?:confused:

is it the heat or did you baby the car?

·
GC8 FTW
7,470 Posts
WRC said:
yeah, makes sense, but what does not make sense is that you only ran a 13.1 with freakin' 21psi! what gives?:confused:

is it the heat or did you baby the car?
he ran at 14.5 psi not 21...he said that the next step would be 21psi and colder plugs not that he ran with it like that

·
Registered
66 Posts
okay, i understand that part now. although technically.....shouldn't your car already be in the high 12's with 14.5 psi?

like I asked, was it because of the high heat?

·
Premium Member
1999 OBS Steel Blue Mica
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
my best guess would be temp, plus lack of fuel and a slightly undersized turbo for my setup.

I'm using the stage II kit from FAT, and I think I'm pushing the limits on the turbo. I am planning on upgrading to the stage III kit, with the larger exhaust housing on the GT25.

At that point, I'll am going to shoot for low 12s

·
Registered
2005 Impreza WRX STI
6 Posts
How much does it takes?

I have a question for you. How much cash$ did you have to put on to make you car ready for the 14 psi. I am following your progress because I think out off all the Turboed 2.5rs, yours is by far the best :biggest: and I do not remember the number. I am planning to go Turbo with my RS but, I am afraid that to go where I want to go (which is something like what you have) I probably would need to spend 10Gs or more:barf:. The reason I'm thinking a lot about this is because the Mitsus EVO VII's are going to be out soon and I like that car as much as the Impreza and probably I will end spending less in the long run if I go with the EVO VII:confused: . That is unless I can find a sti engine and tranny for less than 5Gs.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts