Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
97 RHD Twin turbo legacy wagon
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was turning into a six flags and a van rear ended me (caimed there break line blew)from like 30 mph or so... my problem is while the damage dont look that bad, the gap bettween the rear door is gone so i think the unibody is bent.. i wasent at fault, but if the insurance company totals it, then i dont know what to do cuz it has a WRX swap, with stage 4 upgrade, and a jdm STI transmission, its worth way more in value then it books for... also i need part numbers for JDM Wagon tail lights, jdm v2 bumper,spats,and areo guards,due to it having jdm rear end for the insurance company... this just makes me sad....:mad:

if you have any of the parts too lemme know, cuz if they cut me a check im gonna fix it my self...

yahh...

Dustin (ill put a pic of what it was like before at the end)

·
Premium Member
95 EJ205(WRB), & 02 R6
1,906 Posts
Your best bet if they total it would probabaly be to buy it back and part it out or swap another car.

·
Registered
'00 RS | '05 Legacy
583 Posts
Damn, that sucks man! Sorry I can't help with parts, sick car tho. I hope they don't total it. :(

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if they total it, then i buy it back, and fix it it will hold a salvage title correct? how much do they typically charge to buy it back. because if i get it on a frame machine it shouldent be too bad to fix it

·
Registered
1995 Impreza L & 1997 OBS
2,258 Posts
THAT SUX!!!!!!!!!!!! I was just lookin at the pics u posted and thinkin how much i liked it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
THAT SUX!!!!!!!!!!!! I was just lookin at the pics u posted and thinkin how much i liked it.
yah... it sucks, consittering it wasent even close to my fault, i did nothing wrong.. it still feels like a dream... till i walk out side and look at it.... sigh

·
Registered
2003 Outback Sedan H6
2,274 Posts
Damn, my favorite wag on this board got messed up!? Fuckkkk. If the insurance company decides to total it (which they very well may) definitely buy it back and pick up another L wagon to throw everything into. Hopefully they'll just pay to fix it, but its hard to tell how extensive the damage is (frame), being that the rear of the car itself doesn't look too terrible. Good luck buddy.

·
Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
2,960 Posts
it would probably be cheapest just to find another OBS and swap everything over as opposed to straightening the frame...cause your frame is fuxord

·
06 Wrangler Unlimited
4,613 Posts
Man, Dustin.. sorry to see that!

Unfortunately I don't think I have any useful parts laying around, but if I think of anything I'll let you know..

·
Registered
2005 Subaru LGT Stage 2
144 Posts
your favorite wagon??? lol

that sucks dude- def need to get it back on the road!

Damn, my favorite wag on this board got messed up!? Fuckkkk. If the insurance company decides to total it (which they very well may) definitely buy it back and pick up another L wagon to throw everything into. Hopefully they'll just pay to fix it, but its hard to tell how extensive the damage is (frame), being that the rear of the car itself doesn't look too terrible. Good luck buddy.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
your favorite wagon??? lol

that sucks dude- def need to get it back on the road!

o it will be, i will be calling ecs soon to see if u got anything to fix her....

·
Registered
Red/gray 1995 Impreza LX Wagon
260 Posts
that sucks.
see if you can get insurance to pay for repairs. buy another one and swap all the goodies out and sell what ever you can from this.
it is fixable....i'd say if you were here i coulda helped you. i know a guy that would have done it for less then a thousand..paint included.

·
I <3 JDM
GC8 + GF + GG
5,166 Posts
it would probably be cheapest just to find another OBS and swap everything over as opposed to straightening the frame...cause your frame is fuxord
+1

I've been in your situation before. I ended up buying another wagon and swap everything over (oexterior+suspension)

it'll be even more harder on your case tho. since you have to swap the Whole thing.

GL

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts
yeah, if the frame is tweaked, i wouldn't even bother with a frame puller. I'd just get another shell that was straight and rust-free and swap everything over to it. Honestly should only take you maybe 1 week of swapping if you know what your doing. And i'd much rather have a straight car than a "kinda" straight car (and the clean title, ya know).

·
Registered
Lifted 2014 Crosstrek
866 Posts
Thats sad to hear, one of the nices wagons around in this neck of the woods! If you end up needing another car, to swap your stuff into I have one available if you want to buy it. I'd give you a deal if you left me with the stuff you dont need.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts