Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow this thing is great! The quality is very good. Man, this thing is loud! I didn't think it would be this loud! i like it though, it sounds more boxer esque.

so my question is, how do I clean the pipercross filter, or does it need cleaned? Is there anything I should know?

I can't wait to start driving my car again! We are moving to Hickory, NC so I have been driving a chevy truck all week and I will have to drive it next week too.:barf:

Thanks!

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO 6spd
4,229 Posts
Just water and a sponge I believe. Mine screams too (diff filter though), gotta love it. :biggest:

·
Audi Fondler
2000 Silverish 2.5rs Sedan
3,251 Posts
I use a weapon r dragon intake... the intake pipe itself kicks ass... but the filter can be a bit fragile... got the ram kit for it too... just haven't figured a good place to put the scoop yet... plus it might go out for the supercharger when Kent's done :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
To clean the piper cross I think you could use the same stuff K&N uses to clean their filters... but double check with Rallispec... Personaly I have gas powered r/c that use foam filters and all I do is use dishwasher soap, taking notice of what side is faces the outside and make a good lather... rise with hot/warm water and paper dry... if I have time I air dry before I oil. To oil I use after run oil otherwise known as automatic transmition oil... Make sure you don't cake it on because when you start to drive hard the suction will cauase the inside of your intake to cake up with oil... this hold true even with the K&N oil so use it generously but not too much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts