Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
HAHAHAHA... nice Justin... nice...

I think that it has way too many doors and its turbo is way to small. I'd still hit it tho :) I like the interior.... the hood scoop is HUGE, and if you look closely you can even see the stock air splitter in there... sideskirts are a big step in the right direction, they look nice IMHO....
justin- are'nt you supposed to be on the lancer forums? I mean you are a MOD over there:D

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
wow, that is such a step in the right direction! of course, this might mean i can't give the WRX owner's shit about how their car looks anymore :lol: the hoodscoop is a little comical in size though.

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The scoop reminds me of one of those huge blower's that Chevy guys put on their old muscle cars. Besides that sign me up baby the WRX looks tight!

·
Premium Member
MY98 2.5RS Coupe Brilliant Red
880 Posts
[Whiney WRX Owner]
I hate it, cause now my car won't be the only weird looking Impreza around. I mean, wait, there are others besides the WRX? I thought all Impreza's were WRX's. Huh, I guess those 200 new guys on the I-club were wrong.

Either way, I think it's ugly. Wah.
[/Whiney WRX Owner]

As much as the bug eyes don't appeal to me, they still have an awesome car at their disposal. However, I like this new look. Should be interesting. Now we'll have 3 factions at the I-club. The GC8 owners, the GDA owners, and the New-New-Age Impreza Owners. Should be fun. :rolleyes:

Think I'll just hang out with the regular GC8 crowd I've grown to like in MD/PA.

AJ

PS: Imagine what a Morette type headlight application would look like on there? Kinda neat. Can't wait. Might have a "First Bonus Car" for myself once I graduate and get into the real fighting force.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
doesn't look bad. looks better than the bugeye. headlights sorta reminds me of the RSX headlights.

jz

·
Registered
120 Posts
i have said it before and i will say it again:
The engine and turbo are both too small :)
take two of the doors off and use the costs of them to swap in a EJ25 with a T3/4 :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Amen, I think the must have fired the whole GC8 design team. because all the new stuff just looks wacky. From what I have heard the WRX is not doing well in Europe because nobody likes the look, thats why they are redesigning the car so quickly.

·
Registered
120 Posts
From what I read on the "other" club a while back.. They fired the designer of the GC8 because they said it was a "tired" or old design, and they wanted something new... They went out and hired someone to create the current WRX, and then quickly fired him after hearing all the customer complaints and seeing the sales plumit. Earlier this year they hired a guy they worked for another company(I almost want to say it was nissian) and they had him design the new(MY04) body style. I assume they told him they wanted to redesign the front but leave the rest of the car as is with minimal changes.
here's what I want to know: have they wind tunnel tested the new design? because with that hoodscoop I think the drag coeficient would be worse than a fuckin school-bus :lol:

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
2 points.

1) the "outside company" is Prodrive. you know, the people that build the SWRT rally cars among other things. from the mouth of David Richards, the owner of Prodrive, team principle of SWRT, and the team principle/owner of BAR, there was a serious back and forth dialogue between them and Subaru concerning the redesign. he also says that because of the redesign, they've made several steps forward on the rally car, citing specifically a lighter and stronger chassis and (point #2) improved areodynamics which were windtunnel tested. he also said that they reduced frontal area. then again, they don't have as large a hoodscoop i think.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
but why take my word for it. here's the excerpt from the offical press release i was talking about.l

"The WRC is now more competitive than ever before and winning rallies demands the very best at every stage. As far as I'm concerned this prototype represents another significant step forward in the development of the Impreza - it is absolutely on the cutting edge," explained 555 Subaru Team Principal David Lapworth. "We've been working on the project for around a year now, and have been involved with our colleagues at Subaru in Japan more closely than ever before. The design of the new road and rally car has been a two way process, with ideas passing backwards and forwards between our design teams. The result of this tandem approach is that changes have been made to the road car which in turn will help us win WRC events."

"The prototype features a number of improvements over the current model, for instance the bodyshell is lighter and stiffer, the aero package uses the air in a far more efficient way and the reduced frontal area makes the whole package more aerodynamic. There are many more improvements under the skin, but until the design is finalised we're remaining tight-lipped."

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT GRP
137 Posts
I like the facelift...:sunny:

I don't think it looks like a Honda...the scoop is ok...

It's still not as sexy as an RS though...:checkit:

Jarrad

1 - 18 of 18 Posts