Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

161 - 178 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Well, cant figure out the damn issue with the door switches. So Im gonna do the low tech fix and just pull the bulb from the cluster. -_-

On another note, I took this time to install the WRX wagon windshield washer reservoir and wire up the rear pump to the intercooler sprayer stuff I installed and routed to the iWire TMIC shroud. Rough wiring is done, now I just need to clean it up for the final install, and put the car back together.

Wiring. Yay.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Haven't done shit to the car in a bit really.

Ordered my Autopower rollbar with removable diagonal and harness bars.

Took off the Enkeis and went back to the OEM BBSs. Took a little bit to get all of the gold plastidip off, but they look so nice all cleaned up.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Been a long while since the last update.

A few things have changed with me personally, but not much has changed with the car.

Me personally:

I have taken my leave from Mann Engineering and relocated to Washington state. I wanted out of CA, wanted to be closer to my girl, and I actually landed a job up here at another shop.

It was time for me to leave the shop and the bay area. The weather, and some of the people I've met are the two brightest spots that I'll remember. I will not car for the outrageous housing costs and cost of living. Shit is just nuts.

I left Mann on good terms, and will possibly be using the shop as a staging area for my 2019 Global Time Attack campaign, pending review of the logistics. The tech there is top notch, so you locals have nothing to worry about, your cars are in good hands.

Now that life is starting to settle back down for me, I hope to get my car up here with me soon enough. I need a break from driving my DD S500. I miss my car.

The coupe:

Got the suspension pretty dialed in before the last GTA event at Buttonwillow. Knocked 4 seconds off my previous best time, which still ins't that fast, but its progress in the right direction. Car is now on 17x9 +49ET Kosei K5Rs, with 235/40/17 Federal 595 RS-Rs.

Unfortunately, two days before I was to leave for Washington, my coworker and I took the car out to lunch, and I found that I was leaking a good amount of coolant. Not enough to overheat the car, but leaking regardless. We limped the car back to the shop, and I thought a hose was leaking and replaced it, still no joy. After my departure, my coworker pulls the Koyo radiator out and finds that a hole has rubbed through the upper part of the core in the finned area, causing the leak. Radiator was rubbing on a bolt on the AC condenser and had finally worked its way through. WOMP.

So I have to get a replacement Koyo down there and have my coworker install it for the trek up to Washington for the offseason. During the 2019 GTA season I will most likely be using a shop in the bay area, or socal to stage the car. We shall see.

If anyone from the bay area or CA needs some setup help from your car, feel free to reach out, I can still help from a distance.

New neighbors in Washington, howdy! Once the car comes up here and I get a decent set of winter tires, I'll try and make my way out to some local GC meets, if there are any...

Cheers, and I'm now off to SEMA for the week!

·
Registered
'00 RS / V5 STI
570 Posts
Wow, good to hear. It was fun working with you, I'll be sure to ask for your opinion on stuff in the future. Good luck with everything up there!

For what it's worth, I killed a koyo from re-doing the clutch and flywheel... Happened the exact. same. way. :unamused:

-TC

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Wow, good to hear. It was fun working with you, I'll be sure to ask for your opinion on stuff in the future. Good luck with everything up there!

For what it's worth, I killed a koyo from re-doing the clutch and flywheel... Happened the exact. same. way. :unamused:

-TC
Thanks man! I'll miss the bay area friends I made.

·
Registered
2001 SRP RS Coupe, 05 FXT
297 Posts
It was nice talking with you at BAM, Jan. Hope things are going well so far in the PNW.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
After some drama and bullshit, money, and a 13.5 hour drive, I finally have my car back with me in Washington.

More updates to come soon hopefully.

·
Registered
'96 OBS
235 Posts
Hey fellow Washingtonian! If you find any meets up here let me know. I'm not on the Facebooks, which I assume is where most of this stuff is getting planned these days.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Hey fellow Washingtonian! If you find any meets up here let me know. I'm not on the Facebooks, which I assume is where most of this stuff is getting planned these days.
Howdy!

Yeah I just went to a Rain City Subies meet Friday. Met some nice folks. Haven't met anyone off RS25 yet though.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
Realized I haven't updated this in a while.

Car has been doing great at what is was built for, been consistently running in the local autox every 2-3 weeks.

Still needs some minor tweaks to me, but this thing just keeps on running like a champ.

Any other local WA peeps in here?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
Car looks good. Very nice build
Thanks man!

Going to be having a local fabricator friend of mine build a surge tank in the shape of the OE windshield washer tank, stick a Walbro 450 in it, some ID1300Xs, and finally tune it on E85...eventually. Car should have plenty of power at that point. Probably keep on driving it till something happens.

Suspension-wise nothing has really changed, may drop the rear spring rate 1k, but its working fine for now. I definitely will be fulling these old Cobb sway bars and mounts off for a newer setup, probably from Whiteline or SuperPro.

Wheels need to change, so I can fit more rubber under the car. Looking at the Enkei PF05, I love the simple five spoke look.

More coming soon

·
Registered
'00 RS / V5 STI
570 Posts
Suspension-wise nothing has really changed, may drop the rear spring rate 1k, but its working fine for now. I definitely will be fulling these old Cobb sway bars and mounts off for a newer setup, probably from Whiteline or SuperPro.
I'm running front and rear whiteline sways and their rear mounts on my car. I don't have the same amount of seat time as you (as in, nowhere near to it), but I've liked them for my purposes. Certainly high quality stuff.

-TC

161 - 178 of 178 Posts