Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1995 Impreza L
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i tried asking on Nasioc but no dice, i have a 1995 Impreza L with a 2.2L. It has 172,XXX and it runs great i have two minor problems. First off i failed my inspection. For CO% to pass you need a .50 and my car had a .65. I've read that replacing my O2 sensors will fix the problem, if thats the case where is a reasonable spot to purchase a pair of O2 sensors? I hear that if the O2 sensors are bad the gas mileage suffers is this true? Lastly my gas gauge doesn't work, once i fill it up the gauge goes to full, then within a couple of miles it goes to halfway then to Empty. I'm thinking the float is messed up but don't know what ya guys think. Thanks and if it's in the wrong spot let me know, also if your in the North Jersey (Bergen County) area let me know i just got into the Subaru community, i had a dsm before. thanks!

Cliff notes: Bad gas gauge, and failed inspection for .15 over the limit, trying to find a reasonable spot to get O2 sensors.

·
Premium Member
1995 Impreza L
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any responses?

·
Premium Member
1995 Impreza L
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing? Am i just babbling to much, not getting my question across?

·
Registered
2002 2.5RS BRP
2,393 Posts
just get them from the dealership. You'll never, ever hear me say that about anything ever again (except gaskets), but you'll wanna pay the little extra to be sure the sensors work on our car. As for the gas gauge, I dunno what could be wrong. If it comes right down to it, go to a junkyard and get another gas tank with a working sensor :)

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS
957 Posts
Well, the rear 02 sensor does affect your loss of gas, i believe my friend told me(someone confirm?) If you've read up that buying a new one may solve your problem, then it could.. im not sure, i dont know too much lol
as for where you can buy it... try google searches. heh
for example, i found this:
http://www.1motormart.com/parts/2/s...n+Sensor+-+Subaru+Impreza+Bosch+Oxygen+Sensor -- but keep in mind, some 02 aftermarket sensors doesn't always solve it
theres a couple more, but ill let you find it... as for your gas gauge, I don't know about that. I'm in central jersey (Middlesex) and I'm not sure about where a good subaru shop is around here, but if I found something, I'll let you know.

and no, your not blabbing too much ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts