Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
MY02 White TS
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I have my fan on, I can hear slurping sound about every other minute, it lasts about 3 seconds, I'm not sure how to explain how it sounds like. But it's as if something in the engine is sucking on a bottle of slurpy real hard:confused:

Does anybody know what this is?

Also, when the AC pulley comes on, there's a pretty lound crank pop sound right when the pulley starts spinning, and if I'm driving I can feel a kick in the gas pedal as well. Do you know if this is normal?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Impreza RS - RBP
1,605 Posts
When I have my fan on, I can hear slurping sound about every other minute, it lasts about 3 seconds, I'm not sure how to explain how it sounds like. But it's as if something in the engine is sucking on a bottle of slurpy real hard:confused:
I had this happen a lot (don't right now because I'm building my motor). Don't know if it's a good/bad thing or just something that happens. Maybe have an air pocket in the coolant system? I had lots of air in mine because of my leaking headgasket...

Also, when the AC pulley comes on, there's a pretty lound crank pop sound right when the pulley starts spinning, and if I'm driving I can feel a kick in the gas pedal as well. Do you know if this is normal?
It's normal for it to click and make the car feel less powerful, thus probably making you press the pedal harder, or causing a quick jolt in the accelerator.

Hope this is correct and helps! :D
-Nick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts