Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Subaru Impreza 2.5rs
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I'd post on here for the NA build guys.

Car: 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs
Type of Dyno: Dynojet
Fuel: 93 octane
Peak HP at RPM: 177whp @ 5750RPM
Peak Torque at RPM:170wtq @ 4700RPM

Mods:
Tuned by Kienan at All Aspects Motorsports (Project Lambda BlueSSM ECU Reflash)

Engine
Group N motor mounts

Block was rebuilt by Abacus racing with manley rods and 100mm (stock compression) je pistons(rookie mistakes were made on this build). Bored out slightly for better fitment.

Heads
Work done by Abacus.
Ported and polished and re-blended, Delta Cams 1500 grind, Supertech Valvetrain.

Transmission
Act Lightweight flywheel
Group N transmission mounts

Exhaust
Autoparts store special Cold(lol) Air Intake (previous owner)
Full Tsudo Exhaust from headers back.

This shows the before and after the tune.

Why? One thing led to another and before I knew it I had built up a NA motor. The plan was to supercharge it but I'm content with the results. I maxed out my injectors and therefore it was running a little lean at stock elevation. I'm now at about 5000ft elevation and things have appeared to even out. I pick on stock (EJ20) wrx's at high elevation which is fun in it's own right, but that's about all I can pick on. Would I do it again? Yeah, I personally love the throttle response and somewhat sleeper status I have.

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP Coupe
1,770 Posts
Well... I think it is awesome you are doing NA. IF you like it then that is all that matters. And truth be told I TOO enjoy my NA builds...

The car looks very clean... nice job! I didn't see where this is 5mt or 4eat? Have you considered differential upgrades?

·
Registered
Subaru Impreza 2.5rs
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It can be inferred by the lightweight flywheel ;). But yeah it's 5mt. The dream is to get a cusco 35/65 center diff but I'd have to do more research and have more pressing things to fix on the car.

·
Registered
Subaru Impreza 2.5rs
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Not for a bit. I live out in Idaho right now and it's a combination of some fun dirt roads and some well paved mountain roads. The stock RS suspension gives a bit of the best of both worlds for these conditions. Maybe wayyy down the road I'll get some fortune auto coil overs (when I move back out east), bushings, whole nine yards etc... But right now stock suspension works really well.

·
Registered
2000 2.5rs brp
51 Posts
I'd love to see under the hood. Have you thought about individual throttle bodies? North or south Idaho? I live close to spokane.

·
Registered
Subaru Impreza 2.5rs
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm down in Idaho Falls. Looks pretty stock under the hood except for the autoparts store special intake. ITB's have always been a dream of mine. But I'm going for a reliable daily right now that's not going be too fussy when it get's too cold out. But should I finally settle down I'll look into that route. I just saw someone did it on here and was surprised because finding any information on subarus and ITBs was nigh impossible.

·
Registered
Subaru Impreza 2.5rs
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Eventually have it as a weekend canyon carver/autox and occasional track day and to dial it in to my liking, I'd like to get as close to 50/50 weight distribution as I can. I'd like to eventually do full suspension and maybe some bigger brakes. 35/65 power split would be cool. I'd like to repaint it, same color just respray. A quicker steering rack would be nice as well as some shorter gearing (type RA gearsets). Standalone ecu eventually and maybe some larger injectors. And now that you brought up ITBs I'm getting the bug to look into that some more now that there's a few more guys doing it on their builds. (not necessarily in that order)

·
Registered
99'RS w/EJ205, 16'340i 13'Volt
966 Posts
cool to keep things NA. curious as to what your daily MPG is on an NA setup.

if you want to pare down the weight, look into JDM bumper supports. the weight savings (safety aside) is about 80 pounds if you do front and rear. you can even order them from the US dealerships if they are still available. I ordered rear one about 2 months ago.

A smaller aftermarket steering wheel will help a lot as far as feeling quicker steering and you lose a small amount of weight too by getting rid of the airbag.

·
Registered
Subaru Impreza 2.5rs
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
IIRC the bumper supports aren't that much of a true safety issue. The only reason why the american one's are so much heavier are because they have to comply with regulations that have to withstand a fender bender.
The MPG is No bueno lol, I was really surprised at first at how quickly I was watching the needle go down on my fuel gauge, then again I was pressing on the go pedal a lot (still am). I'll have to do a thorough test on the mpg and get back to you on it though.

And thanks! I'll look into that some more, kind of partial to the oem nardi wheel.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts