Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its odd, when I slow to a stop, randomely, my car will make a clunking sorta click sound....nothing to feel through the pedal, no odd feedback in the brakes or lack of braking....

Any ideas?

I have checked my strut top nuts, lug nuts, caliper bolts and strut tower nuts...all tight...

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :barf:

H

·
0 Posts
Yeah pull your wheels off and check the axle nuts. They're supposed to be crimped into the groove on the threads, but bruceybruce (i think) said his weren't and one of his was loose.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I've seen this question posted many times in the past and very often it turned out to be the jack moving around because it wasn't seated well.

·
Registered
'05 LGT / '06 STi
539 Posts
MagicMT said:
I have the same problem! Except mine is a double click! :curse: I'll check those things out.
Sounds like you might have a mouse loose in your car! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :run:

·
Registered
93 Imp EJ20K flat black
47 Posts
how about the jack .. make sure it is tight... it can make a great clunk sound if it is loose

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have this problem. It's coming from the front left wheel. Thought it was something loose on the brakes, but I will check the suspension now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts