Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1999/2017 RSTI
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its a Fireball... heheh not an N1...

i'm running 14 psi... on T-28... i think the intercooler sucks too.. maybe getting front mount but it works great...

·
Registered
2001 STM Sedan
455 Posts
what your air intake temp with that IC and turbo??

·
Registered
1999/2017 RSTI
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
after hard runs at drag, rallycrosses, highways... the ic is stilll cool to the touch... mmm maybe its the -15c weather we have here...

but seriously... even during summer its still very cool for some reason... will be getting probe soon... so don't know ic temps... but i heard its cut from a GTR IC.... but thats just hearsay... problably just spearco core...

·
Registered
1999/2017 RSTI
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
btw its also the thickness of the IC, lots of subie mechanics have told me its good enough.... but i just don't like the way it look.. not... AWE enough when i pop the hood.. hehe

·
Registered
1999/2017 RSTI
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SHADUP! common give me a break its the only thing that gives it away... hehehehe no one can tell its full of mud anyways..

·
Registered
2001 STM Sedan
455 Posts
14 PSi ona T28 is about 5-6 on a Turbonetics T3...the compressor is really small and has to be run hard, yeah it if wasn't as thick as it is what about 3 1/2" to 4" or so i'd say you'd be screwed...it looks like a spearo core...what did it cost ya?? i am planning on a VF-22 or VF-23 IHI turbo, just need to make up my mind. Let me know what your air intake temps are, you don't have OBD-II software you can just read it from?? i'd be curious what kinda intake and exhaust temps you are getting from the intercooler.

·
Registered
1999/2017 RSTI
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
exhaust temps are around 1400 f at WOT in 4th gear... and never go over that... can you read intake temps from OBDII??? didn't see that available...

btw its also as fast as any RS-T... so its not any weak setup... this is from the old JC sports kit... but it "looks" too small performs fine ...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey guys. Ive ridden in Josh's (HOK) RS-T and it definately is faster than 2.5L impreza's at 5 psi..... Almost scary quick. But I agree. The bunjee corded mini IC needs to go. hehe ;)

I think he runs mid 13's with it?

intake air temp is available on obd. should be under IAT (at least it is on my car)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hndatch627 said:
14 PSi ona T28 is about 5-6 on a Turbonetics T3...the compressor is really small and has to be run hard, yeah it if wasn't as thick as it is what about 3 1/2" to 4" or so i'd say you'd be screwed...it looks like a spearo core...what did it cost ya?? i am planning on a VF-22 or VF-23 IHI turbo, just need to make up my mind. Let me know what your air intake temps are, you don't have OBD-II software you can just read it from?? i'd be curious what kinda intake and exhaust temps you are getting from the intercooler.
are you serious? 14=5-6? what are the CFMs of a T28 compared to a T3? maybe i should look into upgrading my turbo then.... i only run 5psi on my t28 but it sure doenst feel like 2psi or whatever of a T3....or does it? how much do ball bearing T3s run for? damn if i upgraded id need new IC piping....new downpipe, new uppipe...

but if 5psi of a T28 is equal to a tiny bit of a T3 then how come my egts are the same as some people who run 5psi on a t3? or even t3/t4? maybe im having a brain fart and dont see it.

jeremy im gonna IM you sometime. i wanna talk turbos with you.

·
Registered
1999/2017 RSTI
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
umm yes mid 13's... but thats with the manual boost controller... it was terrible... it didn't make any boost if one 1psi in 1st gear and then in 2nd it would make 8psi and then in 4th it would make 14psi... it was so frustratin... then i got the SBC heheheh NOOOOO problems...
but yes that stupid IC creaks, dents my hood and looks like a old ladys handbag...

mmm i don't have IAT in my OBDII list... sucks..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts