Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Meany Head
2000 RSC
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey.. I've been following this guy and his project over on Nasioc.. well.. since he started the thread back in 2005. He's putting a EZ30 into his Impreza. Warning, it's a monster of a thread. The short short short version, he has had trouble after problem after issue with various shady mechanics and what not. It's a long thread, but a good read.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=748385

Why do I care? post #1298, he humbly asks for peoples help with this never ending saga in the form of donations. Post #1306 he provides his email. Myself, and a handfull of others have actually helped him out with some ca$h. So.. I thought I'd start a thread over here to drum up a little RS25.com love for him. Trust me, he deserves it.

P.S. His car is now at ECS. So.. no more shady mechanics issues!!

Shane.

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
97'OBS/94'SVX LSi/00'OBS/01&#8
8,816 Posts
+1 for sending him donations. He's a good guy and has provided a lot of information from first hand finding out what works for people like me to do EZ30R swaps.
-Gaddis

·
2.0L Turboner
94 RWD WRX & 82 EJ Brat
8,673 Posts
I sent him a couple bucks.

I've been following that swap thread for some time as I'm intrigued by it. I've tried to talk to Dylan at DS1 about his and he's been playing it pretty close to his chest. I also recently found out that All Wheels Driven up in Oregon has done one too.

I want 250+ horsepower and torques with a reliable N/A motor...

·
Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
2,960 Posts
seems like way too much work for N/A IMO.....but props for the originality...

i'll throw him a few dolla...

shoulda gone eg33 :p

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
97'OBS/94'SVX LSi/00'OBS/01&#8
8,816 Posts
I sent him a couple bucks.

I've been following that swap thread for some time as I'm intrigued by it. I've tried to talk to Dylan at DS1 about his and he's been playing it pretty close to his chest. I also recently found out that All Wheels Driven up in Oregon has done one too.

I want 250+ horsepower and torques with a reliable N/A motor...
YOu need custom headers made up and "while you're at it" bits you'll be getting better than that. I'm targeting 300BHP on mine. And on Dylan's they are working on the shop's EZ30D GC at the moment and he's put off his personal car for now. Besides he's too bussy getting me parts I need and I'll beat him too it with the first running EZ30R in a GF even if I have to bribe him.:cool:

seems like way too much work for N/A IMO.....but props for the originality...

i'll throw him a few dolla...

shoulda gone eg33 :p
Too much to easily end up with more reliable STi numbers? No lag time and much more room to go up?

Perrin and PDX jointly built up 2 of these Turbo and while I have no idea where PDX's ended I do know that Perrin's saw 600WHP with a Garret GT30R or it might have been a 35R.

And last but not least please do donate to him. He's pushed through and weeded through a lot of the info that is pretty close to a write up on this swap.
-Gaddis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts