Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2005 STI OBP
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
###edit new pics in post 10###

hey guys my name is Trey im 18.. i live in blue springs missouri and im new to the forum i've posted here and there but thats about it but finally after looking for close to 8 months i've finally got the beloved 2.5 rs... i've been a big nissan fan all my life... nismo day in day out thats all i thought about u know what i mean... but one day i rode in asian bob's rsti and holy [email protected]#$ that thing was badass and i've heard of the 2.5 rs but never really seen one... but the looks and style of the car just hooked me i had to have one and right then and there the subaru bug bit me and i mean bit me hard.. so after i got home after ridding in the rsti i started looking for a rs and i looked and looked and looked and looked and u problay get the point the rs is a pain in the ass to find and if u find one its out of yr price range... but after looking for damn near 9 months i almost gave up but then bob said he was selling his car and right away i wanted it but we all know how that story worked out... damn u bob and yr civic its nice but its a civic... so i gave up but for some reason i tried one more time looking around on the internet and i found on so i sold my nissan 240sx and bought a beautiful bone stock 2001 2.5 rs with right at 100,xxx miles on it for 4,000 cash.. but it needs a new water pump and timing belt and doesn't need headgaskets but i will be replacing them soon anyways.. u guys problay seen it on craigslist but without further or due here are the pics
this is my 240sx ive owned it for close to 3 years it was my baby i bought it for a 100 bucks out of some guys field... threw a 97 240sx engine in it and drifted the piss out of the car... this it what it looked like the day i sold it.. im going to miss that car... but also have a coupe 240sx and a rx 7 so the drifting prat of me hasn't left yet

and now for the rs... its dirty as hell i bought it monday drove it from shawnee misson to blue springs with the water pump going out fast had to stop and fill the resevor 3 times but checked the temp. of engine with a temp. gun and it was running hot but not enough to blow the head gaskets or what not and so i just got it home and parked it and doing the timing belt and water pump this weekend...

future plans are to mod the stock engine alittle maybe intake and for sure a apexi n1 exhaust... but mainly saving up for my big plan but not letting that cat out of the bag just yet... lol but lmk what u guys think and any helpful hints or tips and tricks u guys have... thanks for looking guys

· Premium Baller
94 WRX, '11 R6 race bike
6,133 Posts
pretty clean car dude, is it automatic? cant tell thats one weird shift knob

if you want to go for some mods eventually, i would say start with some handling mods like sway bars and maybe some different springs, maybe some new struts if you really want to, some stuff to make it stick to the road a bit better

· Registered
2005 STI OBP
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya its dirty as fuck don't really want to take it anywere witht the water pump going out...

no its 5 speed i said the same thing the shift knob has to go and i mean fast its is the uglyest thing ive ever seen...

ya and i might throw some coilovers on it...

the 240sx has come along way sense i got it for a 100 bucks it was bone stock when i bought it and began modding it sense day 1 i loved that car...

and really thats a interesting swap i'd like to see one sounds interresting and ya it was lower at one time had jic's but sold them never got pic's of it tho

· Registered
2005 STI OBP
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what she looked liked the day i brought her home

couple days later after i did timing belt and water pump and a fresh wax...

and only having it for a month now this what she looks like now...

lmk what u guys think i know it needs a exhaust now so if anyone has one for sell lmk :D[/b]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.