Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
561 - 568 of 568 Posts
Discussion starter · #561 ·
Uuuugh, that garage!

Anything on the menu for the RS?
I know right! Not many 3 car garages at our price point, so I was instantly sold! The interior can always be remodeled, but adding a third garage isn't as simple. The interior and everything else is in excellent shape as well, so its a win win.

For the RS:

Fit the AIT widebody panels, shape them if needed, then make molds. Hopefully all goes well, I read somewhere that AIT stopped making their kits recently... anyone else hear the same?

Fit and mold the diffuser.

Then I want to get my front lip modded and fitted, which will take time as well. Haven't seen the combo yet ;)

And also install an upgraded radiator. I'm still using the stock RS radiator with my swap, but since I'm out in Tracy it'll be 90°+ so having a bigger radiator will definitely help ease my mind... I'd have to drive it more then.

that black foz was inspiration for me too
It's definitely clean and simple, yet rugged at the same time.

Discussion starter · #562 ·
Happy New Years!

Once again, not much has changed. The RS sat for half a year, then I drove it 25 miles to get smogged for registration, and it surprisingly passed. I thought some sensors wouldn't get triggered causing me to fail... but nopeee!

For the past three months, I've worked on my garage for a few hours on the weekends. I started off with some uneven drywall, and textured paint/plaster. I bought about 20 gallons worth of joint compound, smoothing out all the texture and some of the drywall. Sanded them back and had a nice and smooth surface to paint. I only did this because of the paint scheme that I wanted. It would have been hell trying to tape off straight lines without the paint bleeding if I didn't smooth out the walls. I still have some touch ups to do, and finish painting the door moldings, but here's how it is so far.

I'm super stoked to get my gym set up and finally being able to bring my RS home.

**Don't mind the color differences in the first pic. I have a daylight florescent bulb against the left side wall causing it to be darker. The farther wall is a more accurate depiction**

IMAG1684 by Carl Castillo, on Flickr
IMAG1683 by Carl Castillo, on Flickr
IMAG1682 by Carl Castillo, on Flickr

Small bay will be the home gym. Last picture will have some racks against the wall...semi blocking my newly painted walls :drunk: And only the RS will get the cozy garage.

--------------------------

Anyone here into cycling?

Since I've been commuting via train/bike I've picked up another expensive hobby. I want to upgrade the cockpit (handle bar, stem and seat post) to Enve, as well as their 6.7 deep dish carbon wheels. Cycling it almost as expensive as cars!

IMG_20161224_220039_826 by Carl Castillo, on Flickr

Discussion starter · #564 ·
An update!

Kudos on the home gym.. I have some stuff in our basement but it'd be nice for some real equipment.

Go drive that RS more.. :lol:
I know, I know. I've only starred at the RS while visiting my parent's lately, but I should have it here in Tracy by the end of the month. I have a lot of organizing to do...

As someone who rides a lot, those carbon bits for the cockpit and wheels would be awesome but not really for commuting. I'd want some bomb proof stuff that isn't going to completely implode when I get hit by a car. The other thing is leaving things basic will not encourage thieves.

Other wise that cannondale looks awesome. Looks like Ultegra shifters and derailleurs?

Discussion starter · #566 · (Edited)
As someone who rides a lot, those carbon bits for the cockpit and wheels would be awesome but not really for commuting. I'd want some bomb proof stuff that isn't going to completely implode when I get hit by a car. The other thing is leaving things basic will not encourage thieves.

Other wise that cannondale looks awesome. Looks like Ultegra shifters and derailleurs?
Agreed. I'm trying to only have one bike, so not upgrading it is hard. I might hold off on the cockpit, but I definitely want some Enve 6.7s. I try not to park my bike anywhere while commuting otherwise I take it into the store with me. Taking the train into the Bay Area (guys with $$) doesn't help. Some of the guys like to commute on their 8k-10k race bikes :drunk:

Then again, there's always n+1 so I might pick up a cross bike with 40c tires for rainy day rides to keep the Cdale semi clean. :boxer:

Good eyes, it's a 2014 Supersix Evo with Ultegra di2. Electronic shifting is sooooo smooth.

Edit: Just saw that you're from Livermore. I'm in Tracy so a lot of the guys I know like riding out to Livermore or further. I personally just started cycling in August, so I'm hoping to get into some group rides once my cardio improves and legs get stronger. Guys keep asking me to come out, but the 40-80 mile rides that they do scares me...

Jealous of the DI2. Having a carbon cockpit would be awesome either way, same with the wheels.

I've done a ride from Livermore to Tracy on Patterson Pass and then came back on Coral Hollow/Tesla Rd. That was a great ride, A ton of elevation.

Unfortunately I'm no longer in the Bay Area. Kinda like Bast and Hailtothethief, I headed back up to the Pacific Northwest. I'm back in Seattle area now.
The Central valley would definitely be a good place to start riding because its plenty flat. Just watch out for those cars, i'm not too sure that many people around tracy are gunna be looking for riders.

Discussion starter · #568 ·
Ever since we bought the house, the RS has been parked at my parent's house. She sat for 8 months, fired up and drove 25 miles to get smogged, and passed. Then sat for another 10 months while adjusting to the new place. My mom's car had mice eat away at some of her wiring harness, which scared me since she parked next to the RS. Thankfully, no wires were damaged, except for one of the grounding kit wires, but that was a simple fix. I bought a new battery and drove her home.

IMG_20170903_202705_845 by Carl Castillo, on Flickr

The cars after all getting a foam and two bucket bath.

IMAG1897 by Carl Castillo, on Flickr

561 - 568 of 568 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.