Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
21 - 40 of 568 Posts
I said the same thing when I bought my SRP sedan....I wanted white but the rare GC was hard to find so I jumped on it.

Now I don't want to get rid of the colour !!

Discussion starter · #22 · (Edited)
12/26/11

It sucked trying to find stuff in the trunk at night so I bought a trunk light kit.

Installed some LED map, and dome lights. I have one for the trunk as well, but it's too long and doesn't fit inside the housing. I'm considering drilling a hole just so I can use it though...

Also, my girlfriend wanted to help me work on my car, so I had her install some yellow fog light film. Turned out nice. I should have bought some LaminX film instead of the cheap ebay stuff. I had LaminX on my WRX and it was a much thicker film which made install much easier. My girl was happy to help and I told her that she should help me more often - gonna put her to work hehe.

I'll update with some pics later.

Discussion starter · #23 · (Edited)
I said the same thing when I bought my SRP sedan....I wanted white but the rare GC was hard to find so I jumped on it.

Now I don't want to get rid of the colour !!
I agree, it's definitely growing on me! The only down side is having to repaint any exterior parts since SRP is pretty rare.

------------------------

Didn't update the thread last week cause of New Years, but I was able to get some work done on Melanie.

I was excited to finally get the boxer rumble back. My wrapped and paint Borla Reps were dry, a Stromung HFC that I bought Friday in the afternoon showed up Saturday morning, and I could finally unwrap the Stromung dual tip. Also, picked up a set of Grimmspeed gaskets to go along.

Things were great for the first week. Unfortunately, last night I pulled a CEL. I'm hoping it's due to the headers/HFC, but I figured it shouldn't go off since I still have a cat. Do I need the spark plug anti fowler for my o2 sensor with the HFC? I'll borrow my friend's scanner tomorrow and hopefully it's just the o2 code and nothing else.

Discussion starter · #24 · (Edited)
Earlier today's TO-DO list:

-install STi diffuser with Cusco bar *CHECK
-install rear JDM spats *CHECK

I had an OEM rear diffuser on my 02 WRX, and I loved the look. Right away I knew that I wanted the STi rear diffuser for the RS since there's no center section, just spats. I've been eyeing cod3suby's Cusco kit, couldn't justify buying it. A friend of mine visits him often, so I just said f*ck it, and had my friend pick it up for me.

It was a simple install which for some reason took me awhile to do. I spent most of my time trying to get a sway bar mount bolt out because the gas filler neck was in the way. I had three bolts out in seconds, and spent 10 mins on said bolt, turning it 1/8 of a turn a time.

Next up were the JDM rear spats. I didn't think they'd turn out that well since everyone knows that they do not fit the USDM bumper that well. Some how I managed to get them to turn out nicely - I think. I used four mounting positions - the front screw, a zip tie, 1/4 bolt and nut, and some stitched zip ties =)

Discussion starter · #25 · (Edited)
Today was fun!

I spoke several times about wanting to buy a pressure washer so I can snow foam my car, and low and behold, my girlfriend bought me one for Christmas. Since then I've been waiting for my foam lance to show up and it did this week. Waited till my girl could watch me use it for the first time, and she wanted me to wash her car as well. lol

THIS THING IS SO FUN!

Dirty:

Foamed (still have to find out the best ratio):

Washed by hand after the foam, and dried up AKA CLEAN!:

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Ur making me want to sell my 05 wrx and buy a 01 rs

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
DO ETTTT! I sold mine since my WRX was auto and because I know that I'll do an STi swap sometime in the future. I've always loved the GC bodystyle and with the plethora of [idiot, not all though] people crashing their STi's, a transplant isn't too hard to find :rotflmao:

Nice, even I dont have a pressure washer........yet. But thats great Ill use yours when we do your car.

Looks fun!
It was, I want a new gun though. I want a quick disconnect like air tools have. Gotta do more shopping.

And GEEZ, my paint definitely needs some lovin' That last picture is making me cringe now that I look at it again.

Yea I see all that shit in the last pic. Well I was already able to see it at night when I inspected it lol.

Just get some brass quick connect stems, buy a whole pack or two. I needa bulk buy for my home.

Discussion starter · #30 · (Edited)
Well, after 3 weeks, my JDM tail lights finally showed up. Found the time to get them installed, and I love how it completes the rear end. Now only if I could find an RS wing... All in all the swap was straight forward. I just hope that I put enough sealant so that there's no water leaks in my trunk. Something I'll find out in the future I guess....

Brand New!!!!

Half way there...

mMMmmm, seksi!

want your stromung soooo bad. do an exhaust vid and post it please.... everything you are doing, i have done to my car or want to do to mine! get a coupe wing you wont regret it. keep up the good work. is a swap in the future? and how much did the coilovers run? im looking at those after taxes :D

ps hit the little orange corner things with black and it makes the front end look even more aggressive!!

Discussion starter · #32 · (Edited)
want your stromung soooo bad. do an exhaust vid and post it please.... everything you are doing, i have done to my car or want to do to mine! get a coupe wing you wont regret it. keep up the good work. is a swap in the future? and how much did the coilovers run? im looking at those after taxes :D

ps hit the little orange corner things with black and it makes the front end look even more aggressive!!

Thanks!

I'll try to get a video of the exhaust set up. Mine sounds raspy though. I'm not used it it but a friend said that all NAs will have that, my WRX wasn't so bad. I don't have a good camera or microphone to record it so I fear that the quality will suck. Best thing I have is my cell phone lol. I have an old school first gen iPod, so I may replace it with an iPod Touch. If I do that then I can get a decent video up...I can't decide if I should replace it or not.

Picked up the coilovers from Andrew @ AJW during their Christmas sale, so it was $895 shipped. Not bad for brand new coilovers, and they haven't given me any troubles yet.

As for the front end...I have a set of fog light covers that I need to put on. I also have some 22b Replica vents too hehe. Waiting for my paint to show up this coming week, so I'll be spraying it all on the weekend. The fog light covers will clean up the front end. I think the front is too 'busy' with the yellow overlays ~ too many colors.

I'm waiting for a good deal on some wheels and I'll be done with the car for awhile; or so I think. A swap will be in the future....but that's in 5-6 years lol.

Discussion starter · #35 ·
It's going to look good with the new shoes its going to get LOL
Here's my WRX with some Rota's... A glimpse into the future!

Michelle was beautiful!

Thanks, I miss her. Here's some photos of her in her many stages.

2007:

2008:

2009:

Yes, I worked at a Subaru dealership at one point. Subaru love!

2009-2010:

I'm missing some pictures of my other wheels, but that's the jist of it. Hopefully I'll stick to one set of wheels for more then a year this time :rolleyes4

Discussion starter · #37 · (Edited)
Due to bad timing, I now have two sets of the same wheel in my living room lol. I bought a set of gold Advan RCIIs from a member on the forums last week which needed to be shipped. A semi local guy had the exact same set of wheels but in Pearl White, and I've been eyeing his set for half a year now, but he wasn't ready to sell them. Until two days ago, at which point I decided to buy them because I really wanted another set of white wheels. Plus, I rarely see the Pearl White RCIIs, so it only made the decision easier. Drove a total of 300 miles round trip to get them :rolleyes4 Even though I just picked up the gold set earlier today, I already have them up for sale hahaha.

I really love the Pearl White paint on these wheels. It's got a little sparkle when you look up close. It's not noticeable at a distance, but you can really appreciate it up close. It definitely sets itself apart from other standard white wheels...BUT still going to be a pain to clean. That's what the pressure washer is for though :banana:

They came with 255/40/17 tires, which I could run, but I'd rather down size to 235/40. I'm going to roll and pull my fenders no matter what, but I don't want to pull it too much to fit a wider tire, then switch to a smaller tire later on. It will not look good.

I test fitted the wheels on the car, and I'm going to need a 5mm spacer in the rear. Unfortunately, the bottom collar for the height adjustment on my ISC N1 coilovers comes into contact with the inner lip of the wheel. After looking at other coilovers, I came to the conclusion that the ISC's have a 'taller' bottom section when compared to others. I wish I didn't have to use one, but it's not a biggie, I have some spacers from my old WRX. I can fit 255s with a little pull though! The beefy tires clear the strut body without any issues.

Advan RCII
Pearl White
5x100
17x8.5
+45
aluminum valve stems and STi caps

Now I just have to sell the gold set, the 255 tires, buy some 235/40/17s and borrow a fender roller from a friend and Melanie will be set for awhile.

Oh and two more exterior parts will go on this weekend, as well as something that I don't see to much, or at all, for RS'. Probably for good reason, but I'll have to see after I modify it.

Discussion starter · #38 · (Edited)
Today was a productive day.

Went to the tire shop to get the 255s off the Advans. I found a buyer for them and hopefully he won't flake out on me. Because of that, I ordered some 235/40/17 BFGoodrich G-Force Sports which should be here in a week...I will try to get them on next weekend or the weekend after that depending on when they show up. Three tires are local, and one is being shipped from Virginia...o_O

While on youtube I found some videos about popping out dents using heat and cold to expand and contract the metal, so I decided to give it a try. Turns out it didn't work for me, probably because it's not on a flat panel.

Here's the culprit:

Some heat:

Chilled:

End result:
REFER BACK TO CULPRIT PICTURE LOL.

I guess I'll try to bang it out if I ever decide to take out the headliner for some reason, which I doubt will be anytime soon, so I'll just live with it.

I really wanted to play with the foam gun again so I decided to give Melanie a quick car wash. It was a great day to do so! Once again after the wash, I could only quiver at my paint. I need to get it detailed!!!!

With the pressure washer out and hooked up, I decide to clean up the Advans. There was a lot of caked on brake dust, but a little scrubbing and a pressure washer can do wonders. I couldn't get it all off though =/

Discussion starter · #39 · (Edited)
Part three for today was to install the fog light covers and replica 22b vents which I painted about a 1.5 weeks ago. I sat there contemplating putting on the STI decal since the paint was still clean, but I obviously decided against it. I will most likely get them professionally resprayed when I decide to get the lip, sideskirts and rear spats painted. For now, they're rattled canned, which turned out alright. It's a little darker, but I hope being in the sun will lighten up the paint a tad.

Both are HT Auto's pieces. The fog light covers are made of fiberglass - thin fiber glass. I'm scared that they'll shatter at flying debris, but I can deal with that later. Fitment was great! The added bracket really helps secure the fog light in, not allowing it to bend, which could eventually break it. The vents also fit very nicely. I wasn't a fan of the mesh that they provided, so I left it off the car. I figured that the stock backing plate would be sufficient enough.

I was too lazy to get to the other "project" I had lined up for today, so I'll get it to later lol.

Today was a productive day.

Here's the culprit:

Some heat:

Chilled:

End result:
REFER BACK TO CULPRIT PICTURE LOL.

I guess I'll try to bang it out if I ever decide to take out the headliner for some reason, which I doubt will be anytime soon, so I'll just live with it.
Did you use a compressed air duster can and held it upside down to get the frost transfusion? Don't ever do that again. Heating and cooling with those chemicals may and can harm/discolor your paint in that spot over time. Becareful, I warned you once.

21 - 40 of 568 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.