Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

2481 - 2498 of 2498 Posts

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
97'OBS/94'SVX LSi/00'OBS/01&#8
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,481
Guess what I did yesterday... Piston and new ring set for all 6 pistons ordered! ;)

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,485
Piston came in. Went and picked it up today after I left work.

Note only one ring set in the box... We were sure if it was gonna be for all 6 or just one piston so I guess I need to order 5 more ring sets. No biggie pretty cheap.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,038 Posts
Awesome article! I like that they get into the technical side of it. Its good that they tested both housings with the same AR size, with a twin scroll housing you can actually increase the AR without sacrificing much due to two smaller volutes instead of one large one.

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,488
Yeah about the only reason I shared it.

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,489
Let's see if we can get some progress and momentum going again...

So my state has now added a 20 year exemption on ODB2 plug in and ****... No more need for the STI ECU and that cuts on more complication off my list. So being that my 97' will be able to go full standalone next year I'm jazzed up to get this running finally! I doubt with the current financial saving rate I'll be doing rods but I don't ACTUALLY need them quite yet so I might just get the Pistons in and get this running to get a closed deck block done later.

Picked this up cheap enough just to get **** going and **** around with the giant intercooler later.

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,491
Seriously... I'm having additional anxiety waiting for some investments to show up and/or pay off that are all holding back not only project components but not scrapping the bottom of the preverbal barrel... It's quite maddening lately... Even if I can't be completely stress out as I'm amused watching my son laying fruit loops on me while humming. :lol:

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,493
Yes and no... :rolleyes: Life has been crazy the last few years but I’ve been picking up a few things here and there the last few years. I’ll have to review where I left off with updates and see about new image hosting and other stuff. There’s a whole mess of stuff that’s lined up with Areosim and Bakemono body wise but down payments were put in and that’s about where that is left off.
Right now I’m busy truck hunting, dealing with the daily driver OBRS, and selling my coupe. I took today off from work so I’ll try to figure out where everything stands and get an update together in between helping around the house and with the kids.

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
835 Posts
Thanks! This build has always been one I've read with great anticipation, and what got me on track to H6 swap (though keeping it NA) one of my cars.

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,495
Well thanks! I started everything when there we so many unknowns, so while I waited for availability on specifically 3.0R developments I put a lot more effort into the rest of the car refining what I wanted. Now of course so much is available that a TON of people quickly passed me on getting running swaps. It’s a little disheartening to myself but also inspiring. Then of course there have been obvious set backs but I’m not that worried about it. Family comes first and I’m supporting a family of four. Keeping the OBRS running which cleared 300K miles earlier this year and has needed a fair amount replaced with still yet more to try to get done before January hits and I REALLY need it to pass inspection.
The short answer on updates with the Project.
Putting a deposit down with Bakemon for GF roof skins as mine’s been rotten by the windshield edge for a LONG time anyways. Oh and we also talked about possibly doing a hatch... I don’t need the hatch to get the car running but still back pocket something I really want.
Picking a clutch set up that’s complete that shouldn’t have a problem holding power in the early stages.(I have most of a couple clutch setups but did not have one complete match-able set).
It might have been last year or the year before I had fresh talks with Aerosim about picking up more body pieces to get physical components to work from. Simply brainstorming isn’t enough when dimensions and tolerances are critical to getting it to fit and be happy with the execution. I want to retain use of the rear doors. There are a couple of Launsport sedans out there that worked to fit stock door handles back on and function but I’m also okay with running just some kind of push button or such to release the door latch.
I THINK I mentioned picking up another motor but maybe not. So I currently have two. HOWEVER I’m considering getting a third just so I have two good motors and I can still have the otherone with a known spun bearing to finish disassembling, and sending to the machine shop for clean up. Talk to my local trusted shops about at minimum some of the assembly if I don’t just have the machine shop do it.
There’s probably a ton I’m missing but as much as the car is regularly on my mind I’m so busy these days with a full time job with over time, a second job, family, truck shopping, and prepping and selling my coupe and some extra parts... I’m just spent most days.
Oh! I did get a new to me car port that’s a little bigger and have it mostly built over the old one which I haven’t had time to break down yet. It’s much nicer than the last one but does need some patches.

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,496
Just got word from Bakemono today! He got a GF roof to work from and after mentioning the hatch he may be going back for the hatch too! :love::love: Which is good... I was working on the new carport and noticed part of the roof caved in...:cautious:

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,497
Having to direct host since the PB changes... Need to find a new hosting... Anyone got any suggestions?
Anywho my father texted me a week ago saying the new cap port had blown off, but I didn’t expect THAT much! Still need to finish tearing down the old one from underneath. Also I bought a truck! For towing and side job.
Additionally got a nice update from Trey Christmas morning!

2481 - 2498 of 2498 Posts