Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Retired Admin
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please note the following new changes to the site:

1. Fight club: Users may no longer start new threads, but can reply.
2. Whores: Gone.

For more details, please click into this thread.

·
Retired Admin
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, so I have finally decided to make some changes to the site, based on my feeling of how direction the site has been going, as well as some feedback from members. As you all may know, the vision of the RS Club for me has always been one where we act as a community and provide quality feedback, we act as a family, and we help and support each other. To that end, I am sure you all know the site has rules designed to encourage friendly interaction among members. You also know that I encourage free speech, hence the lack of a swear filter and generally lax rules about what you can and cannot say on the site. However, things have been slowly getting out of control, in my opinion, over the past year.

One thing I have noticed is a surge of new threads being created in the fight club. The problem is that they really are fight threads, which is not in line with my original vision of how FC should work. My original vision was that when an on-topic thread got off topic, the thread would get moved to FC, and out of the public eye - and for good reason. I really don't need a site that is dominated by crap. FC is basically a punishment, and I want to go back to that original plan.

The other alternative is to delete threads when they go awry, but that is a lot of work and good information is often lost. I don't want to do that.

The second change, the removal of the whores section, is also tied to the quality of content but also the load on the server. As you know, the site is often running a little (a lot!) slow, so removing extraneous data should help speed things up. I have *not* deleted the forum, however, so your post counts should remain intact (but no promises.)

Therefore, I hope you can understand why I have made these changes, and can embrace them as something that helps make the site more useful to the majority of users.

EDIT: As of now, it appears that the site is running much quicker as I have removed over 46000 posts from the whores section, and the site is responding very quickly. This is a good thing!

Thanks,

James Fullerton
Owner, The RS Club

·
Zantrex-3 YES!
15,328 Posts
Good. Let's stop the arguing over insignificant things and actually be an automobile enthusiasts community.

·
I drive a Lancer now
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS, Ap
2,664 Posts
So we talk about cars now? Crazy! :lol: Things seem much smoother now, James.

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Aphex28 said:
yay! you got rid of the 2 useless sections! :)

My thoughts exactly, I never went to either one. And it seemed that bad feelings from FC sometimes spilled over to on-topic stuff, which was no good.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts