Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

141 - 160 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
95/99 Brighton STi
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Yea my autox friends said the same thing :lol: I didn't add weight, just switched the weight to the right colored doors haha.

I always competed with a full interior anyway. I daily drive it too much; not worth stripping it out. At least I don't have a sunroof. Do I get points for that?

·
Registered
'98 RS Swap & '13 GMC Sierra
221 Posts
... you really need to upload the videos from last weekend's Auto-x. Nice driving and use of the handbrake (even though I now live in NC, I still love seeing the SCCV updates and all the cars I used to have a blast against)!

·
Registered
95/99 Brighton STi
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #146 (Edited)
Enjoy! Both are from the same section of the course but obviously different views, but also different runs. BTW these are on 235/45 Yokohama A005 slicks; very grippy.

·
Registered
95/99 Brighton STi
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Dude, tell me about it! I'm torn between an old school OEM style nardi wheel and just getting a new momo/sparco/nardi wheel with detachable hub.

I also need better seats with harnesses, and a proper hand brake :(

Paint has been the priority lately

·
Registered
01 white GF
2,337 Posts
It's a never ending battle. I need a bunch of new interior. Threw my old carpet out cus it was nasty.

Can't ever argue paint though.
And I need to fix my hand brake the driver side was seized into the rotor and I ripped it apart. They're cheap on rock auto at least.

·
Registered
95/99 Brighton STi
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Rear bumper was sprayed today. Finally, all one color.

Next up quarter panel dent repair and respray.

·
Registered
95/99 Brighton STi
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
:lol:

I guess I'm just going to have to live with the fact that some mindless dipshit is going to eventually mess up my paint. It was one of the reasons I chose not to ditch the ding-guards.

...if some random person doesn't mess it up, I probably will when I cream a cone on the track :blowingup

·
Registered
95/99 Brighton STi
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #156 (Edited)
First time at Thunder Road, hopefully we can use the venue next year.

2nd out of 50 to an Exocet...

obligatory autox staging side shot.

·
Registered
95/99 Brighton STi
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #159 (Edited)
Ran into some bad luck a couple weeks ago and hit a deer laying in the middle of the road on my way to work. Fortunately, it wasn't too bad considering the situation; I'm just glad it didn't fly into my windshield.

My rallitek skidplate, without a doubt, saved my exhaust manifold and oil pan. I think it also reduced the push-back of my lower radiator support.

Front bumper skin obviously took it hard.

My authentic v6 STi lip was destroyed. I actuality recovered the missing half on my way home from work. I zip-tie stitched it back together for shits n giggles.

My kevlar fog light cover took it like a champ. Bent the bracket a bit but that was easy enough to straighten.

Somehow got deer hair and guts on my ball-joint.

141 - 160 of 166 Posts