Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

161 - 180 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
'01 RS+t STM
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #161 (Edited)
I was able to find that the 2.2L has this branch that goes to the ecm. the 2.5 does not when you go in to the full engine diagram instead of the dtc diagnostics.

But, I'm done with this thing. I'm not having fun any more. I tested every wire in the circuit and there's continuity everywhere, and 12v is making it to the rear O2.

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
464 Posts
Dude, ship me your harness, I'll figure that sumbitch out. I'd hate to see another thread go down this path.

Seriously, I love playing with wires.

·
Registered
'01 RS+t STM
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #163 (Edited)
I replaced the head light switch last night. Thankfully the only damage was to the head light switch itself. I'm should try another new O2 sensor. I replaced both front and rear with Denso's earlier in the year. I say this all the time, just because it's new doesn't mean it's good, and maybe it's biting me in the ass here. WA State is doing away with emissions testing, I could just pull the bulb and ignore it! It seems to make the car target 14.0-14.4 though but still gets 20+mpg if I don't get in to boost.

I appreciate that offer soconoha! I will keep it in mind as I absolutely despise wires.

·
Registered
'01 RS+t STM
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Took the O2 extender out today to see if that was my O2 sensor issue. Didn't help. Went and bought a new bosch sensor. didn't help. just throwing money at it at this point, maybe i'll see if I can get a new O2 sensor cord...

·
Registered
'01 RS+t STM
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
We got a good rain after a bit of a dry spell, and my car was still RWD. The car is very tail happy, especially with booooost. Only down side is that it likes to lift a rear wheel if you flick it too hard.

a little RWD action - YouTube

I was gettin it a little bit and had a butt hole puckering moment as I was getting on to a freeway with a bridge transition. Essentially got the speed wobbles, thought it was gonna let go but was able to recover. So.... I replaced that front axle last night, and in doing so I noticed there was a little yellow loom with some mangledness to it. Yellow = airbag.

The blue one was only unsheathed, still connected no frayed strands but very dirty so it's been like this for awhile. The tan one was cut with many strays. Explains the intermittent airbag light I had for some time and why it finally became steady.

It'll be amazing if this grounding itself on the chassis was dicking with the rear O2 circuit, but I don't have my hopes too high for that.

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
464 Posts
Do you know what caused your harness to get so great up, have you had a blowout on that wheel or something? I had damage in the same spot after introducing my '02 to a guardrail...

And yeah I don't think that section of harness has anything to do with O2, but it makes a good case for checking the rest of your harnesses!

·
Registered
'01 RS+t STM
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
I smashed that fender pretty good a few years ago, can't remember if that's when the intermittent airbag light started. But I think between that, some excessive suspension compression, and then when I replaced that fender I didn't think to roll the lip. More suspension compression and letting the tire roll the fender finished it off I think. I've since added a few clicks to the dampers to keep the suspension from compressing so much. Got rid of the bounce which is nice.

I have that six speed, all the parts are in to reassemble, I measured it for the shims and got them ordered. I want to measure it one more time to be sure I got it right though, likely doing that today. Got a pair of S20 wrx heads in the garage that need a little cleaning, a wrx ecu and merged harness are inbound via fedex, dohc arp head studs sitting on top of the 6spd starter. I'm will be ordering the JE FSR hybrid piston to keep the 2.5L bottom end. Plan is to swap the motor and the transmission at the same time. Figure it will be easiest to do the harness swap and rewire if the drive train isn't in the car.

SOHC+t with auto is doing well. Chasing down fuel trims of course but I have them tamed below 12 and the car is getting 24-28mpg. emanage 280cc injector timing settings are somewhere between .7 and .8ms. I'm having the best throttle response with .74 and .76. Would be nice if the emanage ultimate had some sort of voltage offset as I do think that's the issue keeping good trims.

·
Registered
'01 RS+t STM
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Yeah. the most notable features are the yellow fogs, prodrive mini hood scoop, and the ver 5/6 wing and front lip. the driver fender has a small "isc suspension" sticker just under the body line as well.

This minus the mudflaps.

·
Registered
'01 RS+t STM
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Thanks guys! Appreciate the well wishes. I don't think I'll see the car again. My truck and my brothers car, a nonstock caliber srt4, were both unlocked right next to it. Pretty sure my car was targeted.

·
Registered
'96 OBS
235 Posts
Oooof. Well, in that case I'll let you know if I see anything come across CL or ebay. I'm subscribed to a bunch of searches (because I am a patient cheapskate). What a crap situation. :(

·
Registered
2001 gm6
103 Posts
Seeing how popular the 1st gen impreza has become and seeing them get stolen makes me not want to start a journal or post on ig. Then people know what u have and what it's worth and it becomes a target.

·
Registered
'01 RS+t STM
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
Oooof. Well, in that case I'll let you know if I see anything come across CL or ebay. I'm subscribed to a bunch of searches (because I am a patient cheapskate). What a crap situation. :(

do appreciate. i've been doing the same! I know the prodrive miniscoop and muffler aren't exactly common. the muffler will be an easy tell as the shop welded it as one piece from the downpipe. I was irritated by it then but it'll make it easier to identify it as MINE now.

A coworker is selling a 01 legacy gt at a bit of a deal, mileage is high but the body and interior is about 7/10. He just resealed the motor, thinking about picking it up. Unfortunately auto but I do still have this six speed that needs to go in something!

Bastard thieves should have waited a month or two, it'd have been dohc with an sti trans.... oh well, sucks for them.

161 - 180 of 211 Posts