Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

181 - 200 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
'01 RS+t STM
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
Seeing how popular the 1st gen impreza has become and seeing them get stolen makes me not want to start a journal or post on ig. Then people know what u have and what it's worth and it becomes a target.

Bingo! I'm not on any social media, and don't go to many meets. Haven't been to one in years actually. social anxiety can be pretty rough sometimes so I tend to keep to myself. makes the theft a bit more of a shocker honestly.

·
Registered
2001 gm6
103 Posts
Bingo! I'm not on any social media, and don't go to many meets. Haven't been to one in years actually. social anxiety can be pretty rough sometimes so I tend to keep to myself. makes the theft a bit more of a shocker honestly.
I'm on the same boat:lol: my car is my bff:mamoru:. If my bff ever gets stolen I'm going Liam Neeson "Taken" mode or possibly Keanu "john wick" looking for the culprits:help:

No imma be even more paranoid about my car and start anti theft mods lol

·
Registered
'96 OBS
235 Posts
My anti-theft mod is: Odd taste in parts and halfassed eingineering :) Maybe I'll put a kill switch on mine somewhere...

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
464 Posts
So sorry to hear, I can't even imagine. I'll Hope for a miracle for ya.

On a positive note, a 2001 LGT auto was my first venture into vehicle mods, first a 5 speed swap then an EZ30 swap. Long story short: Best car I've ever had, ever.

·
Registered
'01 RS+t STM
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
I missed the call at 4:45am this morning but woke up to a voice mail. They found my car! It was left on a street in a gentrified neighborhood of a nearby ghetto. I'm flabbergasted at what they took and what they didn't take. I think the license plate surround on the back is the biggest WTF. They stole all the gauges and the Perrin pod, but NONE of the gauge sensors. Cut some of the wires for the AEM's but did fish the O2 connector for the wideband through the firewall. Took the 45mm Prosport gauges from the center pod but none of the sensors, along with the custom faceplate to mount said gauges but not the hood. BOV is gone. Intake filter and pipe, also custom, were stolen. They wrote "eat shit" on the passenger visor mirror, passenger airbag cover also has something scrawled on it. Heroin paraphernalia was on the passenger floor board. They smoked cigarettes in it as well, fuckers. The RS25 license plate surround being REINSTALLED on the car blows my fucking mind. the plate with tabs is gone, front plate was on the passenger seat. The column surround and gauge hood are still good. They removed everything doing their best to not cause damage to other parts, which is also kind of weird.

I can not wait to see the intake pipe and prosport gauges on another car.

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,654 Posts
They didn't take the spoiler??

Happy to see you got it back though! I never really hear about the classic Imprezas being found again in the NW.

·
Registered
'96 OBS
235 Posts
That is some grade-A weirdness, but it's great that you have it back. Maybe they were planning to come back for more stuff at some point and didn't want it to look stolen in the meantime. I haven't seen any of that stuff come across my CL or ebay searches, but after thinking about it a bit, I bet they get that stuff out of the immediate area before listing it. Will insurance cover any of the damage?

·
Registered
'01 RS+t STM
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
I did find the tabbed plate after another look through the car. A friend of mine that lives nearby had his RS coupe stolen sunday night, so I still have a car to look out for. Insurance won't give me any money, I had the bare minimum for insurance, learned my lesson there.

Parts list:

K&N intake filter, not a cheapy with an end cap, it was more filter material. Attached to a custom filter adapter with three ports for PCV, basically only going to work on a SOHC turbo set up and crazy identifiable.

Blitz BOV with a kind of mushed mesh filter I have pictures of exactly what that looked like.
AEM wideband
AEM digital boost gauge
Perrin column 2 gauge pod. This will have wear marks from being installed too close to the steering wheel.
Prosport 45mm gauges, EGT, coolant temp, oil temp, and oil pressure gauges. None of the sensors for these was taken, one harness has the plastic connector ripped off so likely still with the gauge.
Prosport gauges were installed in a custom made holder that fit inside of the factory gauge hood in the center console. They left the hood, but took the bracket.

Well worn Rally armor mudflaps with 90% of the hardware
JDM spats
ONE of the two STi wing stiffeners.
Underseat subwoofer. bracket is bent like they just ripped it out from under the seat.

·
Registered
1998 GF8, 2003 BH9
156 Posts
Dude that sucks about all the missing parts but at least you got the car back. I might be able to grab a set of rear spats from the wreckers as they're super common in Australia if you want.

·
Registered
'01 RS+t STM
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
Dude that sucks about all the missing parts but at least you got the car back. I might be able to grab a set of rear spats from the wreckers as they're super common in Australia if you want.

They were in the trunk for a reason, haha. I had run them for a few months but ultimately didn't like how it lined up on the US bumper. I do appreciate that though!

It's bittersweet getting it back... I had really written it off in my head. But hey, I now have the two coolest subaru sedans from that year! I have an RS and a GT.

·
Registered
'96 OBS
235 Posts
Jeez. With another one in the neighborhood stolen it definitely seems like they're being targeted. Time to put a GPS tracker in your car?

·
Registered
'01 RS+t STM
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
They did actually break the column surround. the two stand off posts were busted off, bastards. VAGCOM cable is gone so I can't interface with the ECM, but I did plug my laptop in to the emanage. holy shit did they beat the ever living fuck out of the car. When I drove it I never intentionally got in to boost below 3000 rpm, and only ever saw it peak at 9psi when I was pushing it through 3rd (mind you automatic!). What I see in my boost cells now is 6psi at 1950, 8psi around 3000, they regularly had it at 10psi starting at 4000 and found 12psi at 4500. I also never generally ran it to redline, I do have a lower artificial redline for safety, but they took it up to 6500 all the way from 2psi to 10psi.
I'm honestly impressed the motor didn't blow up, I need to do a compression test to know for sure but far as I can tell nothing is amiss.
Not likely to build the Legacy, other than to keep it nice. I clay barred, polished and waxed it this last weekend, roof and hood were oxidizing... feels nice and glassy now...

·
Registered
1998 GF8, 2003 BH9
156 Posts
Yay another Gen 3 Legacy. The more the better. Clear corner lights on the rear would look great. That car is super clean btw dude.

·
Registered
'01 RS+t STM
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
Well I mean if I was high on heroin and stealing a car, I am positive I would drive it the same :lol:

Boooooooooooooooooooooooosssssssssssssssssssssssssssssstttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

No shit right?? Since the motor doesn't sound hurt I think pressurizing the block is what was doing all my motors in, haha. So my theory was correct, I just needed some tweakers to confirm it for me. I can't wait to hoon it around!

·
Registered
'01 RS+t STM
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
Yay another Gen 3 Legacy. The more the better. Clear corner lights on the rear would look great. That car is super clean btw dude.

If you can find me a set, would buy! I want to get an Outback front bumper for it too, but that I can find locally.

I was going to replace the afr and boost gauges on the impreza but have decided not to immediately, with the future plans I won't really need either of them for awhile. I'll get a BOV and an air filter so I can drive it to an alarm installer. After it has an alarm I'll be getting elbows deep in a wrx ecu/dohc and 6speed swap.

181 - 200 of 211 Posts