Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for something to join together my intake plumbing, intake pipe, charge pipe, whatever. Anyone know where I can buy this stuff?

·
Registered
05 STi White + 99 RS White
1,828 Posts
Boy said:
http://www.bakerprecision.com/silicone.htm has about the best prices around for the silicone hose but Lowes/Home Depot has rubber connectors that work great too (and they're real cheap)!
Can you buy silicone hoses at any kind of autoparts store or hardware store? other than the crappy neon colors you find at autozone...:curse: I need like 2 ft. tops to put in my fenderwell hole to keep the intake from bounching around...

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
Sorry, you're stuck with hardware store rubber (which works fine) or rice-boy-section hose (if you can even find that). Danz, you might be better off going with some large vacuum line and cutting it down the center to surround your fender well opening... black and easy to cut and will give a very finished look.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I wanted to have it match the silicone on the intake... oh well, might just order online...

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Cobb intake red tubing (real red, not neon or anything...)

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, Baker has these reducer couplings: http://www.bakerprecision.com/purosil5.htm , and I'm thinking about getting one to put on the compressor inlet, which is about 2.25", and expanding it out to 2.5" or 2.75" so I can use a larger intake pipe and larger filter. Would this work? What size should I goto?

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
You'll just have to measure the various diameters and go from there. The silicone "turbo hose" is much more rigid than regular silicone or rubber couplings, keep that in mind when ordering.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like they don't have turbo hose reducers, only the straight lengths. Do you have any idea what the temperature range is at the compressor inlet by chance?

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
Not sure but I'm running the following:

MAF to intake: Silicone from Weapon-R intake
Intake to compressor inlet: 2" rubber coupler from Lowes
Compressor outlet to charge pipe: "stock" rubber/whatever came on an old Loyale
Charge pipe to Intercooler: WRX lower I/C AND 2" Lowes rubber coupler
TMIC to TB: Cut Weapon-R silicone (cut to allow I/C clearance)

Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ah excellent, thanks for the info. I take it rubber has a higher allowable temperature then silicone?

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
Nope, just had the Weapon-R connectors and noticed that the Lowes rubber couplers fit perfectly. For less than $5 (with tax) each I figured I'd give it a shot :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts