Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'03 Baja
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any good recommendations for a silicone hose kit for the engine?

Specifically EJ20K. Looking at SAMCO...but is there anything out there comparable?

Looking for first hand experience.

Thanks!

·
Registered
'03 Baja
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
/\ was eyeing those
really want to clean up my engine bay....but this is not going to be complete with out fixing the wrinkle red intake manifold that looks like it suffers from leprosy

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
Just be sure the set is for the k. I bought a new Samco intercooler hose kit from a member and it didn't fit worth a flip. (Well, the Y pipe did but still...) The short bypass valve hose was the same size on both ends and super tight to the point I thought it might crush the valve. I also had to cut some off the hose that goes between the ic and the bypass valve. All of the other coolant and vacumm hoses were chinese brands but still doing fine after a couple of years.

Also be sure any vacumm hose is actually silicone and not colored vinyl. I
bought a set that claimed it was silicone and they actually stretched and blew off of the fuel regulator and compressor housing after a few weeks of heat cycling. I should have known by the smell (vinyl, like a beach ball smell) of the hoses but thought maybe it was some new compound. I decided to just buy hose by the foot and bought three sizes to cut them all to perfect length.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.