Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1999 2.5rs WRB / 2016 WRX CWP
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So currently have a 1999 2.5rs and recently dropped a rebuilt motor in previous motor was at 256k. I was able to source and replace radiator hoses but almost every other hose is hard and or cracking and was hoping I could source a complete kit and just get it all done. Prefer silicone but honestly I’m not opposed to rubber. Anyone know if there are any options for me? Wrx kit work?

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,795 Posts
Honestly your best option is to just order a 25ft roll of all the required sizes from amazon and go to town. Bonus, you have quality hose to repair any vehicle from now until 20 years from now.

·
Registered
00 Impreza RS
51 Posts
I just want to add... I bought some silicone hose and tried to do my engine bay, but after maybe 2 years everything split and fell apart. I was trying to find some reinforced silicone hoses but didn't have any luck for the sizes I needed. Also, use good clamps too!

Good luck!:devilish:

·
Registered
98 impreza rs black 06 wrx swap
708 Posts
I just want to add... I bought some silicone hose and tried to do my engine bay, but after maybe 2 years everything split and fell apart. I was trying to find some reinforced silicone hoses but didn't have any luck for the sizes I needed. Also, use good clamps too!

Good luck!:devilish:
I use hps silicone hoses and after 5 years they still look brand new. Gotta get non chinese/eBay hoses

·
Registered
708 Posts
So currently have a 1999 2.5rs and recently dropped a rebuilt motor in previous motor was at 256k. I was able to source and replace radiator hoses but almost every other hose is hard and or cracking and was hoping I could source a complete kit and just get it all done. Prefer silicone but honestly I’m not opposed to rubber. Anyone know if there are any options for me? Wrx kit work?
[/QUOTE
Most of the hoses are 3 or 3.5mm. Just get 15-20feet of hps 3mm hose in color of your choice

·
Premium Member
95 L, 96 OUTBACK
2,883 Posts
Personally I would get the OEM subaru hose. Yes I know there isnt a kit but you can buy everything online at this point. It is EPDM and should last you the live of the car. I stopped replacing my OEM hoses because even at 200K they are still soft. If you get the aftermarket hoses they must not be using EPDM because they get hard and crack at the 8-10 year mark not to mention they are alot thicker.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Is the HPS hose rated for oil and what have you?
As far as I know no silcone hose is rated for oil. I have used it to bleed brakes a few times and it held up to brake fluid no problem.

I used this with my ej25d

using this on the ej255

1 - 10 of 10 Posts