1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
STi V3 RA VLTD RHD
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bl_easy said:
morepixofOBS plz :p
Sorry, OBS is LHD and owned by a homo donji-boi, since only homo donji-bois drive wagonz. :lol: This is a thread to try and find out how many converted RHD cars are owned by people on this site that live in North America... sheesh...

·
Registered
99' Subaru Impreza 2.5 Rs
3,712 Posts
yeah can we get some interior shots? not liek i dont trust people, but one of the first ones i couldnt have told wether it was RHD or not. the wipers were still LHD. Horray for RHD guys!

·
Registered
STi V3 RA VLTD RHD
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Supraru said:
yeah can we get some interior shots? not liek i dont trust people, but one of the first ones i couldnt have told wether it was RHD or not. the wipers were still LHD. Horray for RHD guys!

The first one is mine, SUCKAH! I didn't swap wipers because everyone who has says its a major PITA and I didn't think it was worth cracking a windsheild for "correct" wipers! Trust me, its RHD. This thread is meant to be more like a roll-call. Go check out the thread that shows step by step how I converted in the CONVERSIONS / SWAPS forum! :p

·
Registered
99' Subaru Impreza 2.5 Rs
3,712 Posts
ugh...man i specifically said i wasnt doubting. i simply said was suggesting why not SHOW the RHD aspect of the car. My car could be RHD from specific angles.

im not worried abotu the steps involved. but the wipers would look hella sweet!
PITA = justified in the end based on accomplishment.

·
wood grain grippin'
v2 STi wagon
3,399 Posts
Supraru said:
I took the picture. RHD fo sho.

;)

·
Registered
STi V3 RA VLTD RHD
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Supraru said:
ugh...man i specifically said i wasnt doubting. i simply said was suggesting why not SHOW the RHD aspect of the car. My car could be RHD from specific angles.
I was just playin' around with the SUCKAH! comment :p but this is silly. Your car either is RHD or it isn't. "Specific angles" won't make it magically become RHD, and pretending it is when it isn't is just pathetic. I know you aren't saying yours is... but you get where I am coming from, right?

I only started this thread because in another thread somebody suggested it as a sort of "roll-call" for RHD cars on this site. I searched and posted pics of all the ones I could find. I am hoping some more come out of the woodwork.

·
Registered
95 RHD WRX
1,799 Posts

My wipers are on the right side! But my car is by far the shittiest looking RHD here, I guess everyone that has the money to go RHD is usually baller enough for paint =P

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
RHD = useless...it doesnt make the car any faster it just makes it harder to go through drivethroughs...

·
project blackbird.
'01 RS, '81 Fiat Spider
3,396 Posts
I imagine it's got to be a lot of fun to talk to people at stoplights in the summer when you're sitting on the wrong side of the car. Plus it would be a cool project to see if you could do it, and to learn how to shift with the wrong hand. I've kicked around the idea once I actually do the swap. RHD is at least reasonably cool IMHO, if you have money to throw around and you're inclined to tinker.

·
Registered
STi V3 RA VLTD RHD
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Drivethrus are bad. Get off your duff and go inside! :lol: Shifting with left hand is easier IMHO. I am seriously contemplating swapping my daily driver to RHD as well.

·
Registered
95 RHD WRX
1,799 Posts
It's easier to park. I'm also left handed so shifting with my left feels more natural. Mostly mine was done because I had a complete harness and this way I didnt have to do any wiring.

·
Registered
STi V3 RA VLTD RHD
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mine too.. also because I really wanted to use the quick-ratio steering rack that came with my clip... oh yeah, and 'cause RHD is cool!!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts