Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to bring up I-club stuff!! But I am thinking of changing my name on the i-club back to my OG name, TMRRALLY. My opinions my not be the right things to say being that my name reflects the dealer. I've tried starting 2nd names and I guess they have been contavericial(spelling) weather I want them to be or not. Fishguy seems to think NO ONE should have more than one name. He also thinks he has control over the whole site. This being the case I guess I would be better off changing my name or just being quiet.

What so you think??? I want to have this finished ASAP.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
[email protected] SUBARU said:
This being the case I guess I would be better off changing my name or just being quiet.
I would vote not to change your name just for stubborness.

But you do have a point regarding your work place in your name. It does kind of put you in a situation such that you are representing your place of employment.

And if the above are your two options, then I say change your name. DO NOT just be quiet. That's not good.

So... I vote change your name, start Val threads, and post in all-caps! :biggest:

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Dude! I think you should not change your name, I know you are representing you organization and I know that as a professional you have a image to keep but with that said I don't think the way you act on your spare time reflects on the caliber and quality of work that you perform I mean if you are a NSF (non-spelling fool)
then maybe you can take some spelling lesson that can be easly fixed (think I spelled that wrong...Dammit it is official I have the Sean Syndrome! :curse: ) no really I vote that you continue to use your current name and continue to express your opinion...
there is always an alter ego too...Who gives an F...what that certain someone says this is a place of Suby enthusiast and a place to speak your mind, everyone is entitled to their opinion if they don't like it...Fuck 'em that is not your problem you are what you are man...then again this just my opinion...
Frakk

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
I would say that as far as your name reflecting your company - It's not like you're listed as a vendor on the site (at least not mine) so you don't have any "professional" status to uphold. You're not activiely selling products and ONLY doing that. You're posting and having fun like the rest of us.

Now if you were only posting dealer parts in the classifieds, and acting like a vendor, I'd think twice about it. There are many vendors who post only about their products, and to that end they act very professional because their behavior is a reflection of their company.

Make sense?

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
RS25.com said:
I would say that as far as your name reflecting your company - It's not like you're listed as a vendor on the site (at least not mine) so you don't have any "professional" status to uphold. You're not activiely selling products and ONLY doing that. You're posting and having fun like the rest of us.

Now if you were only posting dealer parts in the classifieds, and acting like a vendor, I'd think twice about it. There are many vendors who post only about their products, and to that end they act very professional because their behavior is a reflection of their company.

Make sense?
I couldn't agree more...

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
That's Subie Gal????I thought she was hot!!!!:barf:
Fishguy what a dork!!!!:roflmao:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here's my opinion...
I would take the Renick out of your name. No matter what you are representing Renick with their name in your user name. If you want to post official stuff then use Renicks official name and have your own. I know that if I posted half of what I do under Irvine Subaru's name I would get jumped on. No matter who tells you that it doesnt matter, it does. They read the Renick and assume that you are directly representing the dealer. It's that simple. Business is business and pleasure is pleasure. Don't mix the two.
Just my advice, take it or leave it.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK guys you really haven't helped.

Ryan I agree with you but to badly quote fishguy, you can not have 2 identities. He claims he will not allow someone to have multable names. Brett uses Renick Motorsports for his vender stuff, so i wouldn't want to mess with that. I really wanted to have 2 names but I guess that won't happen.

·
Registered
219 Posts
since all of you are idiots, i will chime in.

i'm just kidding, but now that you have me attention:

first of all, ryan has 2 names. i know, he's a moderator and so many he gets special priveledges....but still...2 names. one for irvine and one for ryaneatworld.

therefore, to make things fair, i declare that sean's second name be: seaneatworld. and if fishguy has a problem with that, he can delete ryan's second name too. i don't feel that a person should have to drag their whole company into a discussion just because their name is listed as part of their screen name. on the other hand, the vendor name is sometimes necessary to announce vendor news or specials. i feel vendors should all be allowed to have 2 names, as long as it is clear that one name is a vendor and one is a private name. personally i respect whatever ryan or sean have to say, no matter what name they post under. but not everyone feels like i do, and i would hate for: 1. the vendors to shy away from posting their real feelings for fear of getting in trouble with their employer or: 2. the private screen name will not command as much respect as a "vendor" screen name would, and people would be less likely to take them seriously when they are distributing vendor information.

this is about being fair and letting the 2 entities, vendor business and personal freedom, remain as 2 seperate entities. and if "seaneatworld" is not an acceptable screen name, my second choice would be "sean m."

thank you for your consideration of my vastly superior ideas.

note: any or all spelling errors in this post are in honor of [email protected], banval4life, tommi mackinen, and TMRRALLY, and were strictly intentional.

·
Registered
9 Posts
As mentioned in a previous post, Irvine Subaru is NOT my screen name. It does not belong to me. It belongs to Irvine Subaru.
That said, ryaneatworld does belong to me. I have one (1) screen name. Irvine Subaru has one (1) screen name. They are seperate and belong to different entities.
It may not make much sense, but if I were to leave Irvine Subaru the screen name would still belong to Irvine Subaru. I don't have control of it or ownership of it. It belongs to the dealer.

Sean... seaneatworld is not an acceptable screen name unless you can a) tell me what that is a play on (without help) and b) name a work by them (I just gave you a hint for a).

eric m., see above. You may not agree, but its the truth.

Ryan

time for bed.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i agree with you ryan.

obviously your screen name is a play on the rock group "jimmy eat world". i'm well familiar with them, as well as their hit single, "bleed american", which is currently blowing up the charts in the U.S. and beyond. their new self titled CD is well on its way to going gold, if they haven't already. hey..i don't know everything.

i'm not as dumb as i look, dude.

i didn't know that the irvine subaru name was not registered to you, but only because you are the only person i've seen posting with it.

now my obvious solution is for sean to eliminate the renick name and have renick start up a new name, and have sean start a new name. does anyone agree with that?

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
eric m. said:
i agree with you ryan.

obviously your screen name is a play on the rock group "jimmy eat world". i'm well familiar with them, as well as their hit single, "bleed american", which is currently blowing up the charts in the U.S. and beyond. their new self titled CD is well on its way to going gold, if they haven't already. hey..i don't know everything. does anyone agree with that?
:roflmao: :roflmao:

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This subject is offically over. I have asked Ryan to change my name to TMRRALLY. Renick has a vender name Renick Motorsports, and is use by Brett to mostly post vender info. Just like Ryan said the Irvine vender name is for the dealer and the Ryaneatworld name is his. I DO UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERANCE!

Ryan I do know what your name is from, I didn't need help.It was
not my idea to mess with your name, but I do find the idea
funny.:p

·
Registered
259 Posts
You guys are being dumb and making a big deal out of nothing! A name is a name. So what?!

What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;

Get over it and move on.

AND I thought no i-club things were to be discussed on here?
AND I thought this place was elite for GC8 owners/ random post whores.

Oh... and NO dising Subie Gal. That girl's got more talent than you could ever dream of!

Ok... so everyone back off and do unto others as you would have them do unto you...

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
We can discuss i-club. Just not bash it.

And i'm still post-whoring. Like this post. Did I really need to clarify the difference? Nah. But it ups my post count by one!

W000000!

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thats funny that you said a name is a name, Bris, thats funny coming from someone that has 30 names on the i-club.

I am also getting tired of this subject, but I don't want to be called a Troll again. If I want to express myself I don't want to have to hold back because people think I represent the dealer.

This is over now, there are better ways you guys can post whore. If I could lock this thread I would.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Excuse me...
i only have ....
4 i-club names
2 rs names
14 email addresses
2 YIM names
and 7 AIM names..

Thank you!

Haha!

You are Sean. No matter what kind of screen name you use you will always just be you. The crazy, origanal, one-of-a-kind SEAN.

Face it, you can't excape who you are. Be true to yourself.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts