Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys do you think this muffler is fine im going to clamp it to the car so it does not fall off. here is the muffler.https://www.ebay.com/itm/TITANIUM-4-BURNT-N1-TIP-STAINLESS-RACING-EXHAUST-MUFFLER-2-5-INLET-W-SILENCER/391815472811 im on a budget so this is for my 1st car 2.5 rs.

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

· Registered
2000 RS Coupe
686 Posts
In agreement with everyone else here - save your money and buy a namebrand or Suby catback. It'll be easier to mount with an actual flange rather than have to weld or jerry rig an attachment. I also think this 4" muffler is gonna sound like shit compared to orher brands like STi, Stromung, Tsudo, or any other comparable catback.

· Registered
Wrapped 2000 RS Sedan
22 Posts
As with what everyone else is saying, the amount of work that would be necessary to mount it to the car wouldn't be worth the price. Instead, I would save for a modified STI exhaust or something of that sort.

· 2.5RSMatt
237 Posts
Sounds like you're a bit new to this so I'm going to tell you something I wish I told in the beginning (20 years ago). Not everyone will agree with me but I think the best modifications you can do to a 1st gen Impreza are suspension (swaybars, links, bushings, new struts/springs) and a good set of tires if you haven't already done so. You'll not make a NA Impreza fast with bolt-on parts like intake/exhaust but I understand wanting a little noise out of it. Keep an eye out on your local craigslist and offerup for locals selling parts.

· Administrator
2000 RSTi
2,167 Posts
Watch this:
There are many more vids on ebay about people being able to easily bend their cheap steering wheels.

If you want a quality aftermarket steering wheel, buy from a name brand such as MOMO, Nardi, Vertex, NRG. Your safety is (literally) in your own hands with your steering wheel.

· Registered
2002 Impreza 2.5rs
90 Posts
DO NOT buy cheap steering wheels that's a fucking horrible idea like mike-tracy said buy a good brand like Momo, Nardi, etc. I recommend Momo I have one on my car very sturdy and doesn't have any bend to it

1 - 20 of 34 Posts