Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
RWD 99 Impreza OBS
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As some of you know my wagon is totaled so I have been looking for new vehicles in my area.
I found this car on another forum and being that it is a 98 I was thinking I should get some advice first.....here is the ad for it

$5500obo 135,000 miles
as the title says, i need money for school. So I'm deciding to sale my 98 subaru 2.5rs. This car was a real fun car to have and i don't want to sale it, but it has to go if i want to go back to school. the only bad thing about this car is that it has little on the rear wheel and it needs a paint job for the front bumper and it has a dent on the driver side door other then that everything is fine. Here's what the car cames with:

WRX wheels
slotted rotor
KYB adjustable shocks
Ebich springs
STI catback
front and rear strut bar
stock legacy intake
K&N filter
00 Front bumper
JDM Front lips
JDM rear lips
alpine CD player with remote
2000 front head light
ember corner light
fog lights cover

his same pix of it to:

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
Full detail every week?! wow. That would prob turn me off as well. See if he would come down on the price at least.

·
Registered
'02 PSM 2.5 RS
1,688 Posts
See if you can get him down on the price a little. If it has significant rust that is something worth avoiding. I'd either go with this or a rust free '00-'01.

·
Registered
04jbp STi, 93L+01 RS, 08 zx10R
478 Posts
I'd buy it for 3500.4000 unless this rust is significant, like you couldnt grind it out or w/e and do the 22b widebody kit.

·
Premium Member
91 LSi w/EJ22T
1,125 Posts
Car doesn't look that bad overall. I wouldn't pay $5500 for it. The rust looks to be pretty much surface and that can be repaired fairly easy, were the fenders changed? Maybe its just me but the color of the fenders look dimmer then the rest of the car.

·
Premium Member
95 L-STi
433 Posts
seems like the guy was too busy detailing to take care of the rust issues before they became a problem, like everyone else has been saying headgaskets and timing belt...Those 2 will run you pretty high at the dealer. the previous owner of my car had the HG done and it was like 2500 bucks or so.

·
Registered
2002, Impreza Ts, Red
281 Posts
Here is a link with more pictures and pics of the rust and the dent in the door. He said he has a new door to replace it and that the rust can be sanded down because it just started. I dont want to pay 5500 for it tho...

http://www.d-town.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4679
From looking at thoes pictures it looks like the fenders have been replaced...they are not shiny as the rest of the car is

1 - 19 of 19 Posts