Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay well ive been wanting to get a short shifter for a really long time now. the only thing is that a lot of my frieds have been warning me not to get one and stick with the stock shifter. these guys how ever have hondas and are the respectable kind. not the bunch of asses that do stupid shit to there cars and beat the hell out them. so they warn me that my tranny will rip and all kind of not so good stuff. how true is that with us subie owners. oh and i have an L tranny with 171k on it. im just curious if any one has had any kind of problems scince getting theirs in. i need shifter bushings and just want to do the whole thing. now i dont know what the heck to do.

· Registered
6 Posts
Short shifter

What years your car I have cobbs short shifter for the 98-01 impreza I sold my 2000 never installed it so I'm selling it cheap brand new double adjustable everyone thats installed them loves it. $60.00+s/h (new runs $135+s/h).Let

· project blackbird.
'01 RS, '81 Fiat Spider
4,042 Posts
I would stay away form any short throw that doesn't come with the correct linkages like the SPT without them they chew up the shift selector seal and leak out of the back of the trans.
Ah, the trans guru speaks.

So you'd recommend only a setup with all the linkages, rather than just a shortened handle and bushings? Are there others on the market besides the SPT product that do include the new linkages? I've been considering both the SPT and Kartboy shifters, leaning towards SPT.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.