Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright I've been stuck in Japan for 3 damn years and I've acquired a few things that I need to install on the car when I get back. So for those who are up to helping out on a project car I thought I'd post them up so you know what your getting involved with.
MOMO leather steering wheel with airbag
solid drop links
18mm rear sway bar
STI 4 piston brakes
SS brake lines
MRT brake master cylinder brace
slotted rear rotors
SS STI door sills
oil cooler kit when I finally get around to ordering it
STI hood scoop
Orciari body kit except the front lip spoiler
C-West front lip spoiler
HELLA replacement driving lights
Kartboy light brackets
Greddy oil catch can
TMIC water sprayer kit with a secondary water resevoir
STI tail lights
clear corner lights
OEM dashtop gauge pod modified for 52MM gauges
SARD FPR
Oil temp gauge
oil pressure gauge
fuel pressure gauge
VDO EGT gauge
A/R ratio gauge
A/T temp gauge
boost gauge
voltage gauge
a pillar pod
make a plate for installing a couple gauges below the stereo in the center console
STI seats
J&S knock sensor
GTR fuel pump
dual feed fuel rail setup
light weight under drive pulleys and belts
440cc injectors
Link2
Apexi exhaust
Borla headers
exhaust wrap
22B hood vents
aluminum control arms
wingless trunk
fuel can
rear strut bar
GC8 WRX front sway bar and end links
phelonic spacers for between the intake manifold and the heads

I think thats all. I'm sure I forgot something but thats about all I can think of right now. So who wants to volunteer?

Oh and a ALK.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know I could have picked up a EJ20 drivetrain but why get rid of the EJ25-T setup that I have now. I know theres more stuff left off but I just can't remember it all anymore. Either way it seems like I've got alot of weekends worth of work to do. I've still got to pick up one of those engine shock things to reduce the engine rocking under load. That way I don't have to go with STI bushing and have all that extra vibration.

·
Premium Member
MY98 2.5RS Coupe Brilliant Red
880 Posts
I've got two ALK's under me belt. Both GC8 and GDA, so I can atleast help you there. Hmmm, done the front breaks, front and rear endlinks, rear swaybar mounts (HD)... front and rear strut tower bars, uhhh.... but yeah, I can lend a hand with as much as we can. Just jack the car up, put it on stands, and tear away. With a few people working, we should be able to get a bunch of small things done (hopefully). Just give us a date.

AJ

Edit: Pick up a Defi sandwich adapter for the oil pres/temp. Helps out a ton. You'll be able to mount both sending units right above the oil filter so you don't have to tap the drain plug and tear out the alternator and stuff. Just a thought.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm waiting to see if kaslte can come up with a oil cooler kit that has the adaptor already as part of the kit.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Holy crap thats a lot o stuff! I will help you anytime i can, Where are youy coming back to?
Alex

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Going to Howard County Maryland. A short drive up the road for you. I figure if we split up the work so that we don't get in each others way and all take a project then it should be done in a few weekends.

·
Registered
2003 Legacy L
82 Posts
GC8 WRX front sway bar and end links
This will only work with the turbo crossmember, which won't work with the EJ25 headers.

But, I could take it off your hands, since I have one that I think might be damaged ;)

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alright I had a chance to check out the front end links today and came up with a fix for them. $50 at a local machine shop later and all is good. I know have front end links that will work with the stock sway bar and with the aluminum control arms.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm still in dude!
Hey, see if you can source me a set or red/clear STi taillights! I've been looking everywhere for them! please dude!

P.S. you know that engine swap I'd doing? yeah, the motor we swapped in is a dead motor as well. It won't fully start up, and makes the worst rod knock/clacking noise from either the #1 or 4 cyl... I'm real happy now... :curse:

but, the parts you're getting- :eek: I soooo want one of those c-west front lips too!

~Brian

its broke...
|
\/

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well we can add a set of JIC coilovers with camber plates to the list of stuff to be put on the car. God bless yahoo Japan and buying parts for dirt cheap.

·
Premium Member
MY98 2.5RS Coupe Brilliant Red
880 Posts
Might as well do the suspension and brakes at the same time. It will simplify things really well. As well, do you have camber bolts on order for the rear suspension? Might need it, it's hard to say. And I'll be able to take care of that ALK. Just give me a big enough breaker bar and some extra things to pry with and I'll show it who's boss.

AJ

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I didn't order the camber bolts cause I didn't think I would need them with the camber plates that came with the coilovers. I've still got my eye on a few more bits to buy before Dec 18th so the list might grow a little more before I fly out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts