Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey anyone know any shops that can put a engine in? im talking jdm engine or american. complete ecu wiring harness? i am replacing the ej25 i have and need somewere to do it for me. denver or springs. thanks for any help getting my gc8 back on the streets again.
Brian

·
Registered
95 GF8, 98 SF5
340 Posts
it should only take 5hrs to do. i need an new head :( and the dealership told me that they could put a new head in for me in 4hrs, using all my old stuff. so it shouldn't take to lond if you have a general idea of what ur doing.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah but thats a direct swap no redoing wiring harnesss. im working on acquiring a jdm engine and ecu wiring harness etc. you have to pull the dash i have no idea what to do in their.. and the other stuff im sure besides a crossmember i dont know how to do either as of yet. working also on getting books on this..

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how far are they from colo springs? im not sure were theyre at bc i know the cars not gonna make it even to denver without a beeing pulled on a trailer. and i am going to have to ask my dad for assistance with his ford. is that the same cobb in the links? bc i need to find out cost too..

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey Brian,
Let me check with a couple of guys who are Subaru master techs and see what I can work out. When would you like to get it done?

Troy

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
honestly i dont know planning now.. i am getting confirmation on the engine mid december then i want to get it to me asap. if you need more info and can help thank you first second let me know i will give ya my cell #. we can chat if i had my Impreza id roll up to dtown. this is a supposed 03 jdm wrx engine ecu wiring harness uncut. thats the basics the details come with the digi pics i am getting later this month.. im gonna trailer the car to were ever the install is taking place i m now pulling a check engine light now. so driving its out of the question. let me know i will get on the net everyday to check eh. i m not on alot working to get $$ for the new motor.
Brian aka Brat

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tied up is the word... the engines here but he cant get it bc of the holidays... grrrr this is my christmas.... oh well nothing i can do. im waiting on the supplier i have my $ for it and installation.
waiting for final details to give shop for installation bc i still need a crossmember and a down pipe possibley, all i know is i cant wait. cressidas dont go in snow nope not a bit...
plus a death in the family has slowed progress. a small 3 year old passed away from a car accident this last thurs night from a car accident they got tboned.
im supposed to get pics of the engine when i do theyll be up here well at least a pic. ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Brian,

I do apologize for not getting back to you sooner, the senior master tech who will do it is on vacation and will be back a week from Monday. Maybe around then we could make arrangements. I'll try to keep you posted.

Troy

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no problem i m still waiting for the engine info to come so i can get info to the installer... id like to ensure they know what theyre getting into bc ive heard its a pain eh. i cannot wait im dying in my cressida hoopty cruiser.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well update motors are in the us now im waiting for him to pick up the 40ft container their in... any new info on shops guys gals? if so let me know im on aim alot, bc i work days at my job. now i think of it 400 miles isnt that bad...in my impreza but in a truck pulling my car.. hmm dunno... if it comes to that though i gotta do what i gotta do.... ttyl

1 - 14 of 14 Posts