Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after about 8 months of looking i found an amazingly clean 2.5. it has 103000 miles on it. i can get it for $7100. should i buy it. is it a good price...thanks for the help. i would put a picture with it but i dont know how..

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
honestly man it is probably the cleanest 2.5 i have seen for a bit. and the engine bay is clean enough to eat a steak off of.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza Sedan
1,238 Posts
well i bought my 01 rs 2.5 for 8,500 with 77,000 miles on it... also buying a super clean engine might not always be the best there might be a reason why it's so clean, oil leaks or coolant leaks, and stuff like that, which you wouldn't be able to notice unless you see the car ever day for a couple days.... just a word of warning, but it all comes down to if you think the seller is trustworthy, you know what I mean? i guess trust your gut feeling and ask lots of questions, was there a high mileage tune up done on the car?

Rafal

·
Meany Head
2000 RSC
10,236 Posts
Make sure you ask about the headgasket, that is, if it has been replaced. Thats assuming it's a model/year that sufferers from the HG problems. What year RS is it? Ask when the timing belt was last done too? And have a look at it to make sure it was indeed changed.

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Make sure you ask about the headgasket, that is, if it has been replaced. Thats assuming it's a model/year that sufferers from the HG problems. What year RS is it? Ask when the timing belt was last done too? And have a look at it to make sure it was indeed changed.
what year is it that has the hg problems.

·
Meany Head
2000 RSC
10,236 Posts
what year is it that has the hg problems.
I can't say what the exact range of years was, but I know the 00 did, since I own an 00, and had to replace the HG, as have many others. And, since the 01 is the exact same car, I sure it also suffers from HG failure. Anybody confirm the 01 HG issues?

If you do some searches in here, you'll find gobbs of info on people that have experienced the HG issue.

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
Pretty sure HG failures are common with the 98-01. I have an 00 rs and I changed my one HG at 111,000 miles. I'm about to get the other one done on Friday and I'm at 113,000 miles. Going to end up costing me about $800 total.

·
Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
4,494 Posts
i got my rs for 7500 with 63k miles. any chance that you can try to get the price down some? offer to pay cash too.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
no he was dead set on $7500 but i could only bring him down $500. i would say i would wait for another one but they are so hard to find. especially around here. and when they go up they sell hella fast.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts