Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2000 Impreza RS
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't figure this out....I have a 2000 RS with full OEM 07 WRX brakes. Before the rotors went on I had them turned, I put new wheels, tires, and had an alignment done. Now I just replaced the driver side axle cuz I thought what I saw was a warped cv shaft. The damn car still vibrates after I did the job, through the steering wheel, more so in the front. the faster I go the quicker it vibrates, and when I apply some brakes at highway speeds it gets worse?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

· Registered
2012 Audi S4
2,560 Posts
i have a feeling its something to do with the fact that you have brakes that are not designed for your car. Now did vibration start right after you installed ur brakes? Since it gets worse when u brake i would question that the brakes are messed up, uneven balanced tires shouldnt cause vibration until higher speeds (80-100 km/h +).

· Registered
2000 Impreza RS
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input guy's but I am leaning towards warped rotors throughing off my balance. I can start feeling the wobble from 65Kph and up. It seems to be intermittent also, comes and goes up hills and down??

I think the guy that turned my rotors muffed up!

· Registered
1998, subaru, impreza L black
661 Posts
if u have warped rotors you would have a pulsing in the break pedal might be an out of balance rotor i know i had some old rusty ones on my car they weren't warped but the rust in them kinda made the rotors out of balance giving me a vibration new rotors vibration all better

· Registered
2012 Audi S4
2,560 Posts
.......i dont think the rotors are warped. since you say that the brakes are pretty new they wouldnt have enough time to become pitted, and warping takes huge amounts of heat, time and time again. then ofcourse the rapid cooling.

its just a thought but did this shutter happening soon after the brake swap? if not then the brakes might be too large for the car, and the un-necessary weight can cause the shuttering

· Registered
2000 Impreza RS
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it shuttered a bit before the job then progressively got worse after... I am at a stand still with what to do. I don't want to through money out the window and get no results from it.

Anyy help is good plz keep on throwing out you're knowledgeable idea's of what it could be.

· Registered
02' PSM WRX
1,506 Posts
o yeah.... did you check the u joint? you cant just wiggle them. you have to drop the driveshaft and make sure the joints move freely and dont bind. if they do bind its actually making the whole car shake trough tranny vibration. worth a shot.

· Premium Member
2001, Outback Sport
537 Posts
rotors 1st.

i would check the rotors first. there are alot of shops that will turn any rotor regardless of weather it can be turned or not (check first with a micromete) to see if they are within spec, and can actually be turned. ive had that same thing on a toyota truck, had the rotors turned, and it was worse after. ended up buying new rotors, ans it fixed the problem. also check and see that you installed the cv shaft properly. if you did not snug the bolt properly you would have a lot of wobble, but you would notice from what side it was coming from.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.