Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I am in any gear, I can move my shifter left and right as though it was in neutral (it also does not feel as though it is engaging into gear). I have no idea what the problem is. What I am going to do is check the shifter itself and make sure that it is all the way installed, then move my way to the bushings. If anyone has any other ideas I would really appreciate your feedback.

Mikey :)

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
I have never heard of that symptom before. If you have a short shifter or anything involving your tranny, you should swap back to stock and take it to the dealer to fix. You have a MY01, so tell them that that is affecting the way you drive. You don't know what gear you are in, right? Make it sound like you are desperate and that you don't want to accidentally slip in reverse or anything and crashing. Good luck, and tell us what was wrong with it in the first place.

·
Registered
2001 Magic Mobile
939 Posts
A friend of mine had the same problem with another car. He replaced the shifter bushing and it was good as new.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.