Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5rs Blue
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wifes 2000 subaru impreza 2.5rs has this issue where the shifter always has an insane amount of play and is become quite difficult to get it into the right gears, it never pops out of gear and usually doenst grind but she has trouble getting it far enough to the left to get into 1st gear and sometimes thinks shes in 2nd but shes in 4th. Does anyone have any answers for me or suggestions. I would like a little help before just taking it to a shop and them telling me i need $5000 in repairs lol no serious but you know what i mean. Thanks in advance guys and gals!

·
Registered
The subaru of many acronyms
1,919 Posts
Bushings are probably shot, pull up the center console piece with the shifter boot on it and take a look at em, probably wouldnt hurt to do a fluid change aswell.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5rs Blue
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
what am i looking for exactly, how do i tell if they are bad? sorry for the super newb questions i just dont know anything about her car. nevermind i did some searching and it sounds right that i will need the bushings replaced, i will get both bushings done just for sanities sake. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
00'RS/02' WRX stgEleventy
2,144 Posts
Do a google on the subject.. 2000 subaru loose shifter or 2000 subaru shifter bushings.. should bring you up plenty of reading

Sent from an other planet (Tapatalk)

·
2 broken subarus...
'00 Subaru Impreza OBS
321 Posts
Shifter linkage. I've said this a thousand times. Turn in Concepts sells it for around 80 bucks. This alone will take 90% of shifter slop out.

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
and the rear bushing, and the lower bushing under the linkage. replace all = no slop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts