Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2002, 2.5rs, black
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my shifter has a descent amount of slop and i know the bushings in the linkage are shot. I was under the car today and couldn't get the roll pin to slide out. I should be able to just knock it out with a pick like the ordinary roll pin right? I made my own stainless sleeves on my lathe they're ready to be put in. Has anyone else had to deal with this before? help is always appreciated.

I drive an 02 2.5rs

·
Registered
2002, 2.5rs, black
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha you don't understand munch. I'm wailing on this s*****. Its like its not even a roll pin. I had to make sure it wasnt threaded haha

·
Registered
'01 RS '06 WRX swapped
297 Posts
There are two pins inside of each other. You have to punch out the inner roll pin before the outer.

I was able to get mine by putting the punch into an air chisel (BE CAREFUL WITH THIS!) and going to town.

·
Registered
R56 Cooper S
1,046 Posts
Hah, dang...that sounds pretty tough. But yeah, it should just be a roll pin. I guess drilling it out like you said would probably be the best option if that bastard refuses to budge.

·
Registered
R56 Cooper S
1,046 Posts
Ah yeah, I forgot about the whole double pin setup. It has been awhile since I replaced my linkage.

·
Registered
2002, 2.5rs, black
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There are two pins inside of each other. You have to punch out the inner roll pin before the outer.

I was able to get mine by putting the punch into an air chisel (BE CAREFUL WITH THIS!) and going to town.
okay this is great to know. thank you. I will go at it tomorrow with my air chisel and see what happens.

·
Registered
'01 RS '06 WRX swapped
297 Posts
There are roll pins inside of eachother connecting the "knuckle" to the shaft coming from the tailhousing of the transmission. These are the only roll pins in the linkage. The knuckle bushings on GC/GM's are riveted together.

·
Registered
2002, 2.5rs, black
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
just curious if anyone has ever made their own sleeves out of steel instead of using bushings? I can only imagine it would have a sweet feel

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone know where I can get the roll pins or the part number for it? The previous owner lost them and replaced it with a split pin.

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
1,248 Posts
The part number may change depending on year/body style. When I'm looking for a part number, I go on parts.subaru.com

Depending on the price of the part, I buy it from either the dealer, ebay or Partsouq.com

1 - 20 of 21 Posts