Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so its getting cold outside, my metal shift knob is freezing cold!!!

I can't stand it anymore so I tried finding a solution.. I've come across a few plastic knobs but they weren't weighted...

Stumbled on a half aluminum, half Derlin shift knob that is actually weighted and looks pretty sweet!

PHANTOM Shift Knob | TWM Performance Shift Knobs

My lucky day that they are actually hosting a group buy on some other forums with this shift knob.

Email them for some more info and how to participate!

·
Registered
ej20g swapped 93 saloon
130 Posts
Alright so its getting cold outside, my metal shift knob is freezing cold!!!

I can't stand it anymore so I tried finding a solution.. I've come across a few plastic knobs but they weren't weighted...

Stumbled on a half aluminum, half Derlin shift knob that is actually weighted and looks pretty sweet!

PHANTOM Shift Knob | TWM Performance Shift Knobs

My lucky day that they are actually hosting a group buy on some other forums with this shift knob.

Email them for some more info and how to participate!
DAMN! expensive for a knob! lol id rather go for jdm bling and drop that much on ARC knob but hey to each their own.

·
Registered
R56 Cooper S
1,046 Posts
The STI Duracon shift knob I have is pretty nice. Granted here in Fresno, the coldest it's gotten is like 33 at about 3am. It's real nice in summer though, when its like, 110+ outside. Still hot, but I don't have to worry about skin melting to the knob.

$150 for a shift knob is kinda steep though....I don't think I could ever justify spending that much on just a knob.

Question though...what kind of difference does having a weighted knob make? I've never had one....my last car I went from stock to a Tomei duracon knob, and my RS, again from stock to STI duracon.

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts
Why not just get some of that plasti-dip stuff. Dip it in plastic keeps it non-freezing, peel it off in summer for nice hand-melting hot metal!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I actually picked up the Phantom knob so i'll let you all know how it goes... It gets pretty cold up here; up to -35 degrees!

Should be the ultimate test lol

And i must admit i thought 150$ was pretty steep too but they have a holiday sale going on so i got to save 10% and the knob is also interchangeable from vehicle to vehicle with their application system its pretty cool.

Basically they have adapters that screw into the knob so your knob will fit every car!

·
Registered
2000 BRP OBS
24 Posts
I bought this cheapie delrin ball on eBay to replace my stock (tall) knob. I noticed it weighed more than the stock knob and it mounted lower than the original location. I'm very happy with it, it's comfy, and I don't care that it isn't a brand name shift knob. It actually feels like an arcade stick! I couldn't see myself spending $50 on a small piece of plastic. If price and function is your only concern, I highly recommend.

New SUBARU WRX STi Black Delrin Shift Ball Knob 50 mm | eBay

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.