Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is going to be a new catch phrase. here's a dual sheet metal intake i saw on sooper 2ner tellie and happened to find the Jun car on their site. very tasty!click and drool what a monster

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Damn, I can hardly make out the engine under all that. Whats the deal with the two intercoolers? Gotta love JUN.

·
Registered
98 gf4 turned gf8
225 Posts
Lo0mis said:
Damn, I can hardly make out the engine under all that. Whats the deal with the two intercoolers? Gotta love JUN.
its only one intercooler the middle has a i guess it would be called a middle tank(not endtank) for the inlet and then the 2 entanks are outlets to each intake manifold looks pretty in there:biggest:

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
So how far would a dividing plate have to extend into the charge inlet before it becomes a dual core intercooler?:rolleyes: ;)

I'd like to see some of this voodoo custom shit make it to our shores. Must we build everything ourselves????:devil:

·
Registered
99 2.5rs black dimond pearl
406 Posts
I understand the intercoolers, but what is this sheet metal intake stuff all about?

Anthony C

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you start with flanges and fab an intake to your own specs from sheet metal. this allows for some imaginative plumming, shorter runs of hampster tubes, etc. the car depicted has two separate manifolds on each side over the intake ports. gone is the familiar x pattern intake. this leaves tons of room for the turbo on top with some nice symmetrical exhayst up pipes. 1 got lucky and saw the car on super2ner and was able to replay it on tape 1it was a much better illustration than what i found on the net.

·
Registered
99 2.5rs black dimond pearl
406 Posts
Cool, Im learning how to weld this weekend!!

Do you have any more PICs of cars with sheet metal intakes?

Anthony C

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is it better to N / A or to go turbo, as far being a daily driven race car which application is better, for street and strip running ?

:biggest: Will

1 - 10 of 10 Posts