Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
04 GDB 2.5RS
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So here is Sex Panther, it is an 1993 Legacy Sport Sedan.

As she sits right now, bare bones stock, well mostly....

Modificatoins:
2004 WRX hood scoop
2002 WRX modified hood shroud (to accept 04 scoop)
Callahan Slotted rotors

Soon to be added:
OEM brand new Calipers (painted anodized purple :D)
HEL stainless steel lines (also in purple)
07 WRX Intercooler
HKS SSQV BOV
Grimmspeed AOS
V7 STi suspension :devil:

Future plans:
TD05H Turbo
Samco v2 WRX hoses all around
V8 STi injectors
Catless downpipe
Catback exhaust (undecided yet, probably ebay to keep on the ghetto theme)
DOHC heads w/ matching intake manifold (still looking for the right heads)
5spd trans and all the trimmings once I am actually making too much juice for the 4EAT

That's all for now

Attachments

·
Registered
04 GDB 2.5RS
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
This is from when I first bought it and had it towed up here from NJ. Here she is.

the day I got it, has rod knock but still not too shabby for $300

wee bit of rust and bondo on the rear quarters

the motor in the bay with 4 rods a' knockin

No intercooler only chimney :D

trunk loaded full o' goodies EJ22T w/ 160k on it $600

back seat....full

front seat...full lolz

THATS A HOT FUCKING CHIMNEY!!!!!!

pretty much filled my tool shed with all that stuff!!

·
Registered
04 GDB 2.5RS
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got spares of EVERYTHING!!!! Spare heads, a ton of AC compressors, a full AC lines/condenser/evaporator setup, spare turbo, IM, block, oil pan, interior panels, guage clusters...too much to list right now.

I also have 5 or 6 boxes I had to put into the basement.

I also went ahead an bought a timing kit, oil & water pump, some other tune up parts etc....

·
Registered
This week: 2005 Legacy GT
1,014 Posts
Looks like you have your hands full, good luck, and I look forward to progress reports.

·
Registered
04 GDB 2.5RS
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
already had these before I even got the SS :devil:

V7 STi Struts, in MINT condition, they look like they were drive home on and taken off

·
Registered
04 GDB 2.5RS
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like you have your hands full, good luck, and I look forward to progress reports.
...you have no idea how full :unamused: and yes it was lol, I actually made a decal for after I paint this car satin black

·
Registered
04 GDB 2.5RS
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I was trying to get another car roadworthy at the time and it was taking much longer than expected...so my Uncle bugged me until I agreed to do the motor swap at his house, then bitched when I took out the timing belt stuff to do that, he said it was going to be here forever blah blah blah...so I skipped it for now. I start the motor swap the whole time being hurried along by my Unlce....the bastard.

car jacked up

my motor has to live in a cardboard box for a day as it started raining once I started...

·
Registered
04 GDB 2.5RS
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
out with the old

I have some big plans for this beasty in my RS :devil:

and in with the new....ish

...i am so poor I actually had to re-se this shitty fucking gasket

·
Registered
04 GDB 2.5RS
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
looks like some nice progress here I know, but alas the motor is in, starts, sounds wonderful , but does not move....I was being rushed to get this "piece of shit" out of his yard by my uncle so I never got the official FSM and was using a garbage Haynes manual and broke the trans pump b/c I didn't properly seat the torque converter....thus breaking my trans pump on the AT trans....yeah. $1350 later I get my car back from AAMCO, who I now despise because of thier immense suckage and lying factor they posses.

Now somehow my radiator is broken...my turbo oil lines leak on the new motor and driving it home I felt like i had NO brakes...pedal to the fucking floor, thank god it wasn't far!!

but seriously look at this shit!!

can't really see the leak too good but you can see the smoke

here it is back home

·
Registered
04 GDB 2.5RS
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Yeah it is going to be my wife's DD, gonna grab a td04 or 05h if I can find one, I already have a tmic from an 06 wrx and an his ssqv. Not going to be a beast or anything... Looking to get 250 to 300 who or so

*Triple 777 posts lol*

·
Registered
04 GDB 2.5RS
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
well hopefully more fun than my last project was lol, if anyone wants one, I have a 240sx for sale that would help fund this little project and my RS as well, both get back on the road

·
Registered
04 GDB 2.5RS
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got quite a bit done since the last update, really dove into this one.

pulled the old broken rad

fan shroud is a bit rusty no?

new radiator after being sent the wrong one for the NA legacy at first...lol

discovered plenty of rust on the rear dogleg

so I took a piece of flashing strip like this...after sanding it down I realize it is made of copper, perfect :D

so I bent it into and "L" shape and cut slits into it to make the wheel arch

taped it up and readied it to be epoxied into place

still gotta make a plan for this rocker panel here, probably make a metal wire-frame and use a fiberglass cloth as a skin

some fiberglass filler

all in all it came out pretty good, just need to file it down, light wieght filler primer and paint left

·
Registered
04 GDB 2.5RS
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
got it started up the other day, first time in a while...sounds pretty rough, turbo smoking a bit and looks like I got a leaky valve cover gasket, maybe oil pan as well. motor sounds good though. Just needed some coolant and some ATF to make the PS pump chill out lol.

DEFINITELY needs brakes bad, good thing the rotors and pads just came in, just gotta get it somewhere to work on it...got some nice lines for it from UK much more options for the legacy there.

Also got some parts off and painted

and then I brought it home to paint it, the sun was going down and as soon as there isn enough light my camera starts to really suck

also stripped the front emblem down to make my own custom one, seeing as there is no aftermarket solution for the old school leggys

that's all for now

1 - 20 of 263 Posts