Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a spare intake manifold to polish since I can't take mine off the car...

I've possibly found one, but its from a 99 2.5... my three questions are...

A 99 2.5 I/M will fit a 2000, correct?

Parallel fuel rail modification is already done to it, what is this and what kind of performance benefits can I expect?

It has WRX injectors, I have an all stock RS at the moment but have major plans for it, forced induction etc., are there any benefits to having these injectors now on a stock engine?

Thanks in advance,

Scott
www.SMPolishing.com

Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
There is not really any advantage to having the stock WRX injectors on a stock EJ25 engine, as max. duty on an EJ25 with Ej25 injectors is 80-85% or so.

BUT- The 99 is a great manifold to have on your engine, because the 2000 manifold will NOT take the WRX inkectors and you WILL want them when you go forced induction.

I have read reports here that people running 4-5 pounds of boost on EJ25's with the stock injectors are pushing 95% duty cycle! That is very close to the injector just staying open full time. The WRX injectors on your F/I motor will be a very good thing, if it has the port for the MAP sensor. I'm in the market for one for my 2000 as well....but I dont know if they have the port for the MAP.... Some help, eh? :)

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Supposedly you can drill and tap out the port for the MAP sensor on the '99. And I'm also in the market for one, so if anyone finds a good source...

Stime187: How much did you pay for the manifold? I really have no idea how much I should be lookn to pay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts