Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
White 94 Base Model
203 Posts
I used everything from 02-03 WRX when I did my swap and converted to hydraulic clutch...pedal box, lines, master cylinder, brackets, etc. Everything bolted in with no modifications.

·
Registered
08 Legacy, 93 L w/ej20g
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I used everything from 02-03 WRX when I did my swap and converted to hydraulic clutch...pedal box, lines, master cylinder, brackets, etc. Everything bolted in with no modifications.
So the pedal box lined up with your bolt holes no problem?

I did read someone saying their 94 was ok but their 99 didnt bolt up the wrx pedal box. I hope that is the case because I have a 93 and I am already a little puzzled if I can get the swap done

What "pivot hole" do people refer to when they said you have to move it. Are they talking about on the pedal or in the engine bay?

Thanks for your response!

·
Registered
White 94 Base Model
203 Posts
So the pedal box lined up with your bolt holes no problem?

I did read someone saying their 94 was ok but their 99 didnt bolt up the wrx pedal box. I hope that is the case because I have a 93 and I am already a little puzzled if I can get the swap done

What "pivot hole" do people refer to when they said you have to move it. Are they talking about on the pedal or in the engine bay?

Thanks for your response!
I do recall the pedal box for the brake/gas pedals took some coercing to get to line up, but ultimately did fit. I don't think Subaru would have changed the design.

I can't speak to DBW setups if that's what you are after.

Also, great builds! Lots of Subaru love!

·
Registered
1996 Brighton Impreza Coupe
127 Posts
Nice L. I remember seeing this car up when it went for sale. very tempting but I'm happy to see she found a good home! Can't wait too see where you go with this, I was a huge fan of your hunter green build btw!

·
Registered
08 Legacy, 93 L w/ej20g
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Nice L. I remember seeing this car up when it went for sale. very tempting but I'm happy to see she found a good home! Can't wait too see where you go with this, I was a huge fan of your hunter green build btw!
Wow, I never saw your comment, so, sorry for the late response but thank you!

Yeah, the Green L was a big learning curve. I was reminiscing through my nasioc posts back in 2005/2006 on swap information since it was not plentiful back then!

Unfortunately, I tentatively sold the L. The new owner is probably going to pick it up this weekend or next. I just havent had the time or space to work on the car as I would like and I hate to see her not getting worked on and not getting it to its full potential. Ive collected parts for it for almost a year now and just havent been able to work on her. I will get back into another GC one day.

She has just been sitting patiently to get back on the roads....

...I am selling the car to a first time subie owner but I am confident he is going to love and baby it. He is very excited and has been looking and researching for a GC for a very long time now.

In the meantime, I am going to focus on My Legacy and the Wife's WRX...

I will always have a soft spot for the GCs. My next one will hopefully be my keeper

·
Registered
08 Legacy, 93 L w/ej20g
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Sold the L....

Picked up all the transmission parts Ive gathered and put them in my Legacy...

Loaded everything in the L....

for the new owner.

Off she goes:

Made it there safely:

I also updated some more info on my previous builds on Page 1, so check it out for the time being since I have no GC at the moment

·
Registered
08 Legacy, 93 L w/ej20g
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Alright, so I have spent a little more than I was planning to on the 2016 WRX but my wife is loving the car so I can not complain!!
It is a 2016 Crystal Black Silica WRX Limited w/CVT and Eyesight

August 2015:
- Installed Suntek 40% Tint
- Installed Suntek Clear Bra (Full Hood, Full Bumper, side view mirrors, fog lights, headlights, grille, half front fender)
- Grimmspeed Front Plate Relocator

September 2015:
- Tinted Taillight Overlay

October 2015:
- TurboXS Catback
- Rally Armour Mud Flaps

November 2015:
- Weathertech Floor Liners
- 18"x8" Silver BBS RX with 225/40/18 Goodyear A/S tires. But we are going to sell these, one wheel was not holding air

November 2015, we got our first oil Change! 6000miles.

·
Registered
08 Legacy, 93 L w/ej20g
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Been pretty busy with all three cars but I will focus on my wagon!

When I got the car:

...the rust was "fixed but never painted.

So the wife and I tried out some different spray paints, didn't match too well. and we decided to try plastidip cause it was more forgiving. To our surprise....it matched the 20 year old brilliant red pretty well!

Dipped the hood, front fenders, rear quarter panels and trunk.
Also, added a front "I" badge overlay

Literally less than a week after purchasing. Had only drove it home, dipped it and then about to take it for its first drive, car died leaving the parking lot.

Tried to jump it, changed fuel pump, spark plugs, injector...nothing. Pulled off the timing belt cover....belt had snapped.

So, replaced it with an ej22 with 150k miles from my friends old obs.

The car was running a little rough after so got a new used coilpack and a brand new maf and now it runs smooth!

So, decided to make it a little bit aesthetically more pleasing....

...saw the guy who bought the L

Tried to paint the steelies black but even in winter mode, wanted something a little better

So, got RS 5-spokes

And then dipped them gunmetal:

How the wagon sits now:

(Legacy got an "engine swap" and I now have a 2.5GT and also is going Stage 2...)
(WRX got new wheels, rally bar, hella horns and other things)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts