Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1994 Aegean L, 1998 Panda!
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, screw taking it to a mechanic or a body shop. I did and he said that it looked like i was filled with body filler and that it was just cracking.
He also said that he/she/it would have to throw it on a lift to see the extent of the work.

Here are some photos of the crack first.

With that said, what about the inside (where you remove the trunk liner) drivers side rear quarter panel.
It looks crusty as ****!

·
Registered
2003 Outback Sedan H6
2,274 Posts
It just looks like there was some rust around what I'm assuming is the rear wheel well and that they did a bad job fixing it, as the bondo or whatever they used to seal up the holes is cracking. You should take some pictures from further away though so we can see what's going on. Some of those are just too close up.

·
Registered
00 2.5 rs
35 Posts
in the 2nd to last pic, quarter panel, looks like maybe a dent was pulled or holes were drilled for some reason. Looks like the filler leaked through the holes, hence the clumpy ooze. whoever fixed dent couldn't get in there with a dolly to support the back of the panel to hammer out dent.

·
Banned
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll gather pictures of it further away. Do you all think the car will collapse or just crack in half? I need it for atleast a year I think.

·
Banned
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess my question is would you all sell it for scrap? Could it implode?

·
Banned
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oops! That last picture is suposed to be something else.

That photo is the rear end of a United States Airforce F-16 Fighting Falcon.

That, or a lamp shade but I'm pretty sure is was an engine. :rotflmao:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts