Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey.. i was out tonight in a parking lot and decided to have a little fun.. Well here's the predicament while i could get the tail out a little bit i was having the darndest time getting anything loose loose. I know it's better to have traction but some times you just want to play.. What's the easiest way to get a little more oversteer into my driving? The car is stock basically.

It was wet out and it was on tarmac so it was pretty slick but still no significant loss of traction or even a "fun" loss of it.. :(

gotta say the car sticks like glue. not very strong glue but still.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
dirt, oil, anything slippery can help you whip the back out.

hmmm, gas lightly, turn hard, slam gas. that should give it some oversteer. if not, sidebrakes, but make sure you step on clutch or not in gear. oh, 3rd way is to remove your front anti-roll bar, or get a thicker rear anti-roll bar (maybe 20+mm)

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
taking out the front anti-roll bar is not highly recommended, but i do highly recommend getting a thicker rear anti-roll bar.

·
Registered
120 Posts
bah! your ways are too difficult guys....
you just need more power! throw on a turbo.... and some bald kuhmo's, not like I would know ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Air, anyone?

Just add more air to the tires. Maybe ~5 more psi? That'll make your tires more likely to break loose. Oh, and it's free!

*disclaimer: if you do something stupid like kill yourself and anyone who happens to be in or near your car, there's no way in hell i'm responsible*

·
Registered
my00 2.5 rs white
330 Posts
downshift and hold the clutch in, quikly jerk the wheel in the opposite direction you want to slide, then yank the wheel hard to the opposite direction and drop the clutch at like 4000 rpms... you'll loose traction for sure and start to slide.. oh yeah this all occurs when moving of course and you don't even have to be going that fast

you could always go with the e-brake as well...

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i just bought a adj rear swaybar so that should help. I'm also gonna go to some classes on driving some time soon hopefully. So all in all i should be good to go. but i'll try the higher tire pressure next time i go for some fun. ok later.thanks

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
TIP: Don't use the e-brake! Guess what that does - it fucks up your drivetrain since it's AWD.

Only was I over did donuts in the RS was on snow, and just by cranking the wheel all the way to one side then flooring it, or getting a little speed (20mph) and doing the same.

·
Registered
120 Posts
woohoo moderators/admin saying fuck! I love this site :)

its all about weight transfer....

·
Registered
my00 2.5 rs white
330 Posts
RS25.com said:
TIP: Don't use the e-brake! Guess what that does - it fucks up your drivetrain since it's AWD.

oh fuck....

well shit how am i supposed to throw my car into slides around corners... my parents live in an area that ressembles that of a rally course only its all paved.... i love driving through those hills and i drive hard through those hills.... what should i do instead of e-brake for the 100 degree + turns

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey.. i haven't had any real time to try yalls advice but i did get a little fun while drving some of my friends around this new area and using any type of side-side-flick while braking then mashing the gas seemed to have upset the weight balance enough and threw the rear around. had fun.. but i'll actually try to go out as soon as the swaybar comes in the mail.

Oh and to do 100+ degree turns wouldn't the best way to go around is brake hard pushing the weight to the front then when a bit of understeer kicks from turning the wheel hard.. lay on the gas and it should should.. bring the rear around in a bit of drift..

but that's just theory.. *shrug*

1 - 14 of 14 Posts