·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Oh no, another "Siper2 posts a car he'll probably never buy" thread. :lol:

Yep.

Current owner says:

This car is mint. Leather seats, sunroof, heated seats, etc etc etc. Was a new car trade at a BMW place (if my memory serves me), if that gives you any indication of the type of person taking car of it.
The owner is a guy from NASIOC, I talk to him frequently and may end up having him help me with some swap work, if I don't run the RS to ECS or Area1320. I helped my sister-in-law find a car in '06, and went through him; it's a '98 Legacy Brighton wagon. Runs great.

So, I trust the guy. His boss runs a garage and is working on maybe opening it up further for Subaru tuning, etc. They buy a few cars at dealer-only auctions for resale and such, every so often. So that's where this came from.

Anyway... "about $12K." About 80K miles. Not officially for sale yet. Not sure what mods it may have. But he knows I love white cars, the scheming bastard. :lol:

Wow, right? :rolleyes4

EDIT 9/8/08: Moving to General. I need to make up my mind ASAP and would appreciate as many opinions as I can get. :D

EDIT 9/20/08: BUMP. See post #60. It's not official until the papers are signed, but I've agreed to buy the GT, and MilesToEmpty is buying my RS. Changed thread title.

·
Registered
2.5RS Rally Car
2,066 Posts
I love white cars as well... a white LGT would be sexy as hell.

80k miles is a little much for an 05 IMO.

A friend of mine just picked up an 05 LGT for $13k with ~30k miles on it. It was listed for $14k but he talked the guy down a grand... so this is a pretty good price, but it's not an amazing deal.

·
Premium Member
'98 RSTI, '14 XV Hybrid
2,955 Posts
Theres another one for 10.5 on nasioc right now... I was eyeing it up pretty good but its just not for me.

Sell me your car :p

·
Premium Member
9,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I know about that one. Not white though. And........ that's the same guy. The white one is his, too. :) I didn't want to say anything, but the cat's out of the bag now. :D

I thought you weren't RS shopping anymore! ;) I might think about it, I'll talk to the wifey tonight when she gets home. I was about to bring the RS to get the front clip re-sprayed, it needs it to get rid of some chips and a couple rust bubbles on the roof. Found a good local painter who used to work for a luxury car dealer in their paint department. I've also got a bunch of brand new parts I was hoping to put on it soon... and I will, if I don't sell it.

If I do sell it........ they'd all be up for sale.

Prodrive: oval-tip axleback, brand new; P1 springs, brand new; P1 light kit, brand new
STi: Ver.6 rear spats, never installed, brand new
Replica: Ver.6 aero guards, never installed, brand new (no mounting hardware)

Spats & guards are painted. I need a second set of hands to put it all on the car, and I've just not had a "free car day" to have my wife help me out, forever.

I'm trading my PDM CAI for a stock intake snorkel, that's going on in a week when it arrives.

kainam00,
Yeah the mileage is a bit steep, I know.

·
Premium Member
'98 RSTI, '14 XV Hybrid
2,955 Posts
Then you should be able to do 10.9 on the white one too! Id really like to buy the blue one, its just not the car that Id want to DD for my job because of value/mileage and I commute so much a day.

I wasnt looking for an RS anymore... Because I gave up finding a 4dr manual lol. Everything is a damn coupe!? I have 1 coupe, dont need another.

I found a Teal L I like right now that Toyota is selling, but I have a feeling they want $3k and I wont pay more then 2k for a 4d L, 1995, with 155k on it.

BUT in other news, when you think about it... When we're these to legacy's actually purchased? If it was Fall of 04, then you could see that they have about 20k a year put on them. Id say thats high for an impreza, but a Legacy comes off as more of a business man's car.

Our friend in WV has an 06 LGT, and he has have 150k on it. He sells property, and takes people out for sometimes 400mile trips a day.

·
Premium Member
9,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah it could've been a business car of some sort, dunno. I'd pull a CarFax on it, of course.

I don't think he's making a lot of profit on the car, honestly. It's also a Limited and the blue one isn't.

Well you've already seen my car, at least. :D We will see what happens, if anything, hehe. My car's at about 156.5K at the moment I think. No mods since you saw it I don't think, except maybe the plugs/wires. RalliTEK blue and NGK iridiums.

·
Premium Member
'98 RSTI, '14 XV Hybrid
2,955 Posts
Ah didnt notice it was Ltd. I also just noticed the yellow fog lights.

Just KBB'd it and it came back 14.5ish for the LTD in excellent condition.

·
Registered
2021 Tacoma TRD Pro
4,231 Posts
Sounds like a good deal and a nice car. If you can afford it go for it. If it was in CA I'd buy it. :)

·
Premium Member
9,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah we'll see. I'd be a little confused and sketchy on the low price if I didn't know the seller. :D He and I are still chatting about it.

Miles, I think I'll PM you.

·
Premium Member
'98 RSTI, '14 XV Hybrid
2,955 Posts
Its a shame its not a SpecB... Id be all over thats like hotsause and buffalo wings.

·
Premium Member
9,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah but at that price, I'll deal with it. :)

Plus, I'm at twice that in my RS right now. I haven't seen my odometer within 80K since 2003. :p

·
Premium Member
2007 FXT Sport
4,597 Posts
I love the LGT. I'm considering selling my RS to get one. I'm about to turn 21 and over the tuner car style, I would like something more subtle.

·
Premium Member
'98 RSTI, '14 XV Hybrid
2,955 Posts
I love the LGT. I'm considering selling my RS to get one. I'm about to turn 21 and over the tuner car style, I would like something more subtle.
I turn 21 in January... and I wouldnt dream of getting something more subtle at the moment.

Then again I was considering selling my car earlier...:(

·
Premium Member
2007 FXT Sport
4,597 Posts
Really? I think the turning point was after my MAF went out, I got spoiled and drove my mom's 2008 Grand Cherokee for the rest of night. I felt spoiled because everything, well, worked.

·
Premium Member
'98 RSTI, '14 XV Hybrid
2,955 Posts
I purchased a 2006 GTI and was riding in style. Fully loaded out the whazoo. I ended up returngin the car, but it made me realize how nice our cars really are.

My dad has a fully loaded Tundra. I love the thing and everything... But still go back to my RS. And my Jeep Rubicon, this is a great Jeep but I still like to drive my RS... Even though its brutal lol

Sorry to take over ur topic Chris lol.

·
2.0L Turboner
94 RWD WRX & 82 EJ Brat
8,673 Posts
Id snatch that up in a second assuming the car fax checks out. Don't worry about the miles, it's a Subaru! The'll go for 250,000+ plus with good care.

I too am looking for a more grown up DD, especially if my commissioning package gets accepted. I can't be an officer and cruising around in an old Impreza with no AC.

PS: I'm looking for a Saabaru or Leggy wagon ;)

·
DemodderedOGmoss
05 LGT, 06 WRX wag, ZX6R
4,654 Posts
Yeah but at that price, I'll deal with it. :)

Plus, I'm at twice that in my RS right now. I haven't seen my odometer within 80K since 2003. :p
I'd have the car up over a 100k within the year - I can't do that, I drive too much :lol: Not to mention there's no warranty.

<---01 Xterra 159k miles, it wasn't a DD at one point, had it through college so barely driven during the week, etc etc.

Its my dream color combo - white/black and limited...but way too many miles, if it had half that I'd be hollering at you. I'm looking into 05-07 LGT, 06-07 WRX wagon or 03-05 Audi A4 Ultrasport :run:

·
Premium Member
9,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Miles,

You make it sound like I care that you're talking, in my thread. Yes, you evil bastard, go away. :lol: Don't sweat it man.

mad doc,

I did 25K/year for the first 3-4 years of ownership with my RS, but after that it cut down a lot. Now I average like 10K, not much at all (probably less than that). Mostly because of two things: one, my wife and I got a '95 Legacy and then an '01 Outback H-6 for her. Those became our road trip cars, instead. Secondly, we just got too busy to do that much driving anymore. I work 3-4 days/week and the drive is only like 18 miles or something, too.

I would feel sooooooooooooo weird about selling my car. I mean I bought it new; there aren't many of we "original RS owners" left in the world. :D But, even if let's say I do the EJ205 swap I want, it still wouldn't be as nice as the LGT is, stock. I mean hell I even know the mods I like. :cool:

- Kartboy shifter/bushings (duh
)
- good tires & Hawk HPS pads
- spec.B struts, Swift springs
- catback (Strömung, Prodrive (except it's just an axleback), SPT, Autospeed, Borla)
- Brembos (STi Limited -- eventually)
- JDM grille
- JDM front lip
- AccessPort
- JDM sideskirts/spat thingies
- '06+ radio swap or jazzymt's AUX board swap

Yeah that'd pretty much make me giddy as hell, considering I've been tooling around with 165hp for the last eight years... :banana:

Except... I'd have to sell the RS. That part, I don't like so much. Even though, realistically, I couldn't keep and mod two cars. I don't have the garage space, anyway.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts