Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
for those of you that have any suspension mods, and stock seating, get a driving seat. otherwise you are missing out. the shoulder bolsters stabilize the shoulders so much that no matter how much you overcook a corner you don't move! and have an amazing command over the steering wheel. incredible difference! i have heard that after going so far with your suspension combo such as neoprene or high energy susp components, seating becomes an issue. now i understand. the speedshop guys said "seats, steering wheel, and a set of pedals make a major difference." i can see the seat and maybe the wheel but pedals? they also connect their harnesses to the inertia reel belt in the back seat so they can turn around and look over their shoulder in traffic. also a bit much. anyway, get seats. that is all drive around edit; pics up in gallery;)

·
at apex, on throttle
'99 RS, '02 Legacy, '10 'beca
1,184 Posts
Yes seats are a great mod... I'd say a harness had best be part of it... even the stock seats with a harness help you feel the car and react accordingly.

All those things help (seat, wheel, pedals), but suspension is where I'd start, that said...

I've got my seats done and my pedals are still sitting in my garage and I've been sidetracked and haven't put them in. Steering wheel??? Well I like the Lap 5 from Sparco, but at this time I think I'd like a stock 2002-03 WRX steering wheel... not quite sure I want to loose my airbags quite yet.

Suspension is a mild upgrade to stock RS suspension (for now) and a bunch of whiteline goodies. Brakes are upgraded too.

Jon

·
Registered
99 2.5rs black dimond pearl
406 Posts
I have to agree with omahasubaru, the harnesses are what really help. I had a set of sparco sprints ( cant get much tighter that these seats). I reacently sold them (they put my into STX for autocross) and went back to the stock seats with harnesses and I get just about the same control.

racing seats with a retractable harness is kind of pointless.

I'd say put the money from the seats into the suspention, or race tires, and get some harnesses. Unless you have the extra money for seats.

But you cant beat the look of race seats!!!

Anthony C

1 - 5 of 5 Posts