Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, i have an issue with my seating situation. i have a shitty corbeau forza seat and it doesn't fit me properly. i'm 6'3" and about 160lbs. (aka: tall and skinny)

as it is, the seat back is not tall enough and it doesn't hold me well enough side to side. i would like to get a harness bar and a 5 point harness for auto-x/hill climbs, but the holes for the harness fall much too low on my back.

has anyone else had this issue? are there any seats designed with this problem in mind?

thanks in advance for you help. :D

also, are there any seat brackets that sit lower as well? my head tends to touch the roof when i have a helmet on. :bonk:

· Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
13,557 Posts
I'm moving this to Interior.

Your question could probably be directed to Corbeau, as well. They've got good customer service, and have always replied kindly to my emails in the past.

· The Dash Flocker!
00 GF, 04 Jetta TDi
4,061 Posts
You could try F1Spec www.f1spec.com I have a pair of their seats, and am 6'4" and about 190#. They fit fairly tight around the hips. The shoulder holes are OK, but they won't accomodate a HANS if you will need one for hillclimbs. I also used Sparco brackets and sliders with the F1Spec side mounts, which are adjustable and I never hit my helmet on the roof anymore. I think the bang for the buck is quite good for these. If money were no object I'd get either Sparco Corsa or OMP WRC Carbon, both of which fot the tall and skinny type well.

· Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
423 Posts
i guess a recaro spg would fit really good for you.

im 6'0" 140lbs, so im really thin. spg is probably one of the best and most comfortable seats ive owned. im running it with a bride type-fg rail, running on the lowest setting and its quite low.

you can also try a sparco corsa too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.