Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well CRAP!

I finally have my racing seats and I can't find anyone who will fab an adaptor to go from the seat brackets to the stock slider for less than $200. That seems like a lot to me for two pieces of 1/8 steel, cut and welded with 7 holes drilled in them. Does anyone have any better ideas?

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Find some L model seat brackets (or seats). The bottoms are a square box with the sliders bolted to it. It sits flat and would probably make a nice foundation for a flat bottomed race seat. You can unbolt the recliner mechanism and pull the bottom padding/fabric/springs and have The same thing you're going to buy anyway.

I didn't take pictures when I frankensteined the RS seats into my car. Let's just say that I rebuilt my seats using L hardware and RS padding/upholstry. I sit lower in my L now than when I go sit in the RS.

I can take some pics of the bottoms of my seats if needed once this arctic blast passes.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, that sounds great.

Are you and I the only ones who ever post here?

hehehe

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Templar said:
Thanks man, that sounds great.

Are you and I the only ones who ever post here?

hehehe
Could be, man...could be!

I'll try my best to get some pics this weekend.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
umm... what seats do you have?

are they bottom mount?

fwiw?
the sparco brackets fit perfectly, just need to be drilled out to accept sliders.

$60 each.

www.sparcousa.com
go to seats/accessories.

you need to buy them from a retailer near you.
call sparco and find out where.

i had em in my RS (took racing seats out) and in my L and now in my WRX.
they fit perfectly.

good luck.
Jamie
www.subiegalracing.com

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The seats I got are NEX. They are fixed back, fiberglass, and made in Japan. They appear to be the exact same seat as the ones sold by Cross and a couple of others. The seat is as nice as any Sparco Evo or Cobra Imola I have sat in, and they were about $200 less. They take a side mount bracket.

The machinist who is making our brackets for the supercharger is going to take a look at it when I get down to see him next time. But if Sparco has something that will work that might make things much easier. Do they have a slider that mounts in the stock holes that mounts to the side mount brackets?

R

·
0 Posts
Send me some specs for your seats , we could make brackets for you here for under $100. We have full machine shop.

sean

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Shin RS said:
I have sparco brackets and sliders, with a base made by wedge engineering, Fit is good and no complaints about either.
exactly.. i have the same :)

jamie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts