Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 impreza wagon and I'm looking to swap out the seats for those that came out of an 08. I already have the conversion figured out but I was wondering in anyone has a wiring diagram for under the seats. I've searched through the forum and wasn't able to find anything.

·
Administrator
2000 RSTi
1,584 Posts
How many plugs on the old seats, and how many are on the new? Any of the old or new seats have electric motors? Airbags? Heater elements?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 07 has 4 plugs no air bag and no electric motor and the 08 has 2 plugs with an air bag.
I'll post pictures as soon as I'm able
My other thought is possibly seeing if I can mount the cushions to the frame and that way keeping the original electrical in play.

·
Administrator
2000 RSTi
1,584 Posts
Wow, it may be easier to switch cushions if physically possible.

If your 07 is like my former 05 Legacy, 2 of the plugs are weight sensors, 1 is for seatbelt and the last one airbag.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha kind of what I was thinking
I picked a few seats from the junk yard and one driver seat has 4 plugs and the other only 2. I misspoke and both the 07 and the 08 have airbags. The yellow wires in certain are for air, but yes since I'm assuming the others are weight sensors I'm going to attempt the cushion swap
I'll keep you posted and if nothing else post a picture of everything on fire if I get too frustrated haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts